If you’re looking for a cheeky break away for a cheap price, then look no further than Amsterdam. This Dutch capital offers it all, with good vibes and beautiful scenery you really must tick this off your travel list.
Amsterdam City Break
Your EasyJet flights are from London Southend to Amsterdam. Transfers are not include in the package, but with just a 30 minute trip to the hotel for around £5 it’s easy enough to find the hotel. Check your transport options here.
The hotel from Trivago is the Best Western Blue Square. This 4* hotel scores 4/5 on TripAdvisor. The hotel is just a 15 minute drive into the city centre and the nearest tram stop just metres away. The hotel has a few amenities including free Wifi, 24 hour reception and a bistro. This deal is for self catering but there is the option to include breakfast, for this just select ‘View all deals’ on Trivago.
While in Amsterdam one thing you really should do is visit the Anne Frank House. This is a very poignant trip, but the way in which they commemorate the travesties of the holocaust is very informative and touching. For more culture, you can also visit the Van Gogh Museum. Once you’re full to the brim with culture you should head to Vondelpark and kick back with the locals. For more of an eye opener and party atmosphere you may consider the Red Light District, though this isn’t for the faint hearted.
There’s so much to do in Amsterdam you’ll be spoilt for choice. Book up now and get planning your Amsterdam City Break.
- Amsterdam City Break: 3 nights 4* Hotel + Flights £136
- Travel dates: 17th June – 20th June 2015
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Average temp: 15 C
- Airport of departure: London Southend
- Airline: EasyJet
- Hotel: Best Wetern Blue Square
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor from 1,092 reviews
- Location: 3 miles outside city centre
- Destination: Amsterdam
- Meals: Self Catering
- Airport transfer not included. Check your options here
- Rental car: Available from carrentals.co.uk
- Price: only £136 per person based on 2 adults sharing