Escape to Greece for 17 nights and immerse yourself in a land where rich history and warm hospitality await you! This holiday is a perfect example of the incredible travelling you can do when you search the internet for the best deals and create your own package.
17 Nights in Greece With Hotels, Flights, Car Rental and Transfers
With this fabulous DIY package I’ve created using hotels from Trivago, flights found on Skyscanner and a rental car deal found on carrentals.co.uk, you’ll get to spend 17 nights exploring gorgeous Greece, staying in a hotel in the centre of Athens, a lovely little hotel in Faliraki and a final night of luxury in a 5* airport hotel before flying home.
Flights are from London Stansted to Athens, and with rental car in Rhodes and transfers in Athens included your travel is all sorted. You can also go to Holiday Extras for transfers, airport hotels, insurance, travel money and much more – you’ll enjoy a cheeky 15% off if you use the link from MyHolidayGuru, perfect for all your travel arrangements in the UK before you head off.
Your Greek adventure will start in the bustling capital of Athens, a place where ancient history stands side by side with exciting night life, countless cafes and welcoming taverns. The Evripides Hotel (4 out of 5 on TripAdvisor with 413 reviews) is right in the centre of it all with a stunning view of the Parthenon – the pride of Athens. You’ll be a stone’s throw from all the beautiful parks, fascinating museums and flea markets, and the ancient Greek monuments will take your breath away. Athens truly has to be seen to be believed -this is an opportunity not to be missed!
The transfer included will essentially bring you right up to the hotel, with it being only a 5 minute walk from the Monastiraki bus stop. Your can check the route here.
You’ll be catching domestic flights to Rhodes from Athens International airport. Rental car (included) is by far the best way to explore the Dodecanese island, as you can cruise the beautiful, typically Greek landscape and discover charming villages and beautiful beaches all in your own time. Rhodes is packed to the brim with history, with imposing fortresses built by the Knights Hospitallier dotted about everywhere and gorgeous sandy beaches sheltered by natural harbours. Nephele Apartments (5 out of 5 on TripAdvisor with 10 reviews) is located in the bustling town of Faliraki, where there are plenty of Greek taverns, bars and extensive beaches. You have to book your rental separately from CarRentals.co.uk.
Airport Hotel and Return
You’ll be coming back to Athens Airport from Rhodes a day before your flight home – so why not kill the time with some 5* luxury at the airport itself! The Sofitel Athens Airport hotel (4.5 out of 5 on TripAdvisor with 2,664 reviews) has everything you need to spend your last night in Greece with style – a pool, sports anemities and bars – and you’ll no doubt be experience the legendary Greek hospitality. It’s also just across the road from the main terminal building at Athens International Airport, so you don’t have to worry about a long transfer back!
- Price breakdown:
- Hotel Deal in total:
£395 in total – divided by 2 = £197.50 per person
- Example flights:
£232 in total – divided by 2 = £116 per person
- Total price: £627
divided by 2 = £313.50 per person
- Hotel Deal in total:
This holiday is the perfect way to experience the diversity of Greece – the metropolitan bustle of Athens, the island beauty of Rhodes, and of course a bit of well-deserved luxury to wrap it all up! With Greece’s wealth of history and natural beauty it’s a place that everyone should see at least once. Book now – you won’t regret it!
Please Note: The components of this holiday all need to be booked separately – just follow the links below.
- Athens and Rhodes: 17 Nights incl. Hotels, Rental Car, Transfers and Flights only £314
- Travel dates: 28/10/2015 – 15/11/2015 (London/Athens); 2/11/2015 – 14/11/2015 (Athens/Rhodes)
- Length of stay: 17 nights (5 in Athens, 12 in Rhodes)
- Approx. air temperature during stay: 20°C (Athens); 17°C (Rhodes)
- Approx. water temperature during stay: 22°C (Athens); 20°C (Rhodes)
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Airline: Ryanair
- Athens City Hotel: Evripdes
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 413 reviews
- Location: within the city centre
- Rhodes Hotel: Nephele Apartments
- Rating: 5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 10 reviews
- Location: 2 minutes’ walk to Pefkos town centre; 47km from Rhodes
- Athens Airport Hotel: Sofitel Athens Airport
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 2,664 reviews
- Location: Athens Airport, opposite terminal building
- Destinations: Athens, Pefkos (Rhodes)
- Meals: not included
- Airport transfer in Athens: train between airport and hotel included, buy on arrival
- Rental car: included but must book separately, just £101 on carrentals.co.uk
- Get an exclusive 15% off travel money, insurance and more from Holiday Extras
- Price: only £314 per person based on 2 adults sharing