Fancy yourself as a bit of an specialist on the slopes? An off piste professional? A bit boisterous on the black run? Take a look at this scorcher of a deal I found on travelbird.co.uk and expedia.co.uk, it’ll certainly melt the ice off your boots!
Austria is renowned as a hub for great snow sports and with so many cheap journeys from the UK flying out across the country everyday, it would be a mistake to miss out. This package focuses on the area of Tyrol which includes famous Austrian mountains ranges such as the Kitzbühel and Lechtal Alps – ideal places for skiing. Nestled right in the heart of these ranges, is the Axamer Lizum ski resort, the 1972 host of the Winter Olympics so it’s bound to be a cracker.
Your Austria Ski Holiday
You will be staying in the Hotel Kögele (4.5/5 on Tripadvisor) for 7 nights half board in a double room, with a 5 day ski pass to the aforementioned ski resort and access to the ice rink, cross country ski run, toboggan run, indoor pool, sauna and the activity programme run by the tourist board of Axams – the nearby town. What a mouthful! Don’t worry about taxis or buses though, this deal got it covered – there is a continual free shuttle service to and from the ski resort straight to Hotel Kögele’s front door; all you’ve got to worry about is strapping on your boots and staying upright! Known as the snowiest ski resorts in Austria, the ski experience is continually of a high standard. When you arrive, your warm and comfortable room features a balcony with mountain views and flat screen TV, perfect for getting well needed rest for the activity filled days ahead.
Ski passes can be collected from the hotel on arrival, and pets can be added onto your package of €10 per pet per day (payable at the hotel). Head into nearby Axams or venture out to Innsbruck for a choice of numerous restaurants to enjoy, or if you fancy staying in, there is a classic Austrian restaurant on site to use your half board package.
- Austria Ski Holiday: 7 Nights incl. Hotel, Flights, Half Board & 5 Day Ski Pass only £458
- Travel dates: Thur 17 Dec 2015 – Thur 24 Dec 2015
- Length of stay: 7 nights
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- Hotel: Hotel Kögele
- Rating: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 30 reviews
- Hotel location: 5 miles from Innsbruck airport, 12.4 miles from city of Innsbruck
- Destination: Innsbruck, Austria
- Meals: self catering
- Price includes following services: free shuttle from hotel to ski resort, 7 nights in hotel double room with half board, 5 day ski pass for Axamer Lizum, access to many attractions in Axams
- Airport transfer: Not included, average taxi price £23 – £27 (rome2rio.com)
- Price: only £458 per person based on 2 adults sharing
- Validity: Arrivals are possible until March 27th, 2016
- Excluded: €1 per person per night, payable at the hotel
- Price breakdown: