Hey guys! Got a seriously cool trip if you plan to go on a city break to Barcelona with your friends. If you are a group of four then take a look at this offer that I found on travelbird.co.uk and which I have combined with a flight from bravofly.co.uk. The price for the hotel is £179 and is per apartment, so you can of course also travel alone, with one other friend or as a group of 3, but it will be more expensive the less people you are.
Ryanair takes you from London Stansted to the Catalan capital and to get to the hotel you can either take a taxi, go by public transport or you simply tick the transfer on Travelbird. Costs you roughly £36 per party one way and is a great service from the hotel. You will be accommodated at Happy Apartments (93% in TripAdvisor) which are located super centrally near the Old Town. The hotel was recently renovated and owns perfectly equipped self catering apartments. Stay in their 2 bedrooms apartment with three other friends. It has one en-suite bathroom and of course you can use the WiFi in your room for free. A highlight of this hotel is certainly its roof-top terrace where you can relax in the evenings with a fantastic panoramic view across Barcelona. When you book your hotel on Travelbird you can even add a guided English tour of the Sagrada Familia for £24 per person. Worth considering! What you at least have to do though is of course taking a look from the outside at this stunning building by Gaudí if you don’t want to go on that tour. Then a stroll through the Old Town is always a good idea to view the magnificent Gothic builings and to take in the vibrant atmosphere of this cosmopolitan place. You can have a nice drink in the many bars or listen to the brilliant street artists perform. For a good Catalan meal in the evening try out Nou Candanchú situated in Taulet, they serve amazing tapas and fresh seafood for an all-authentic experience.
FYI: your return flight is with Norwegian Airlines and you’re going to arrive in London Gatwick. Sorry for that, but it was the cheapest opportunity for this flight at this date. Really feel free to change the dates as you want to, as there are many dates from May 2014 till February 2015 available and choose the most favourable flight for your trip on bravofly.co.uk.
- Barcelona City Break: 3 Days incl. Hotel, Breakfast and Flights for a Group of Four only £99
- Travel period: 21/10/2014 – 23/10/2014, many dates from May 2014 to February 2015 available
- Travel duration: 3 days
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Airport upon arrival: London Gatwick
- Destination: Barcelona (Airport BCN)
- Airline: Ryanair + Norwegian Airline
- Hotel: Happy Apartments
- Rating: 93% on TripAdvisor out of 28 reviews
- Location: city centre
- Board basis: breakfast basket
- Airport transfer: taxi £19, public transport £6 (Train line R2 to Passeig de Gracia, then line L3 to Drassanes), 35 mins, or book transfer through Travelbird £36 whole party, each way
- Price: only £99 per person based on four adults sharing