Bruges is fast becoming one of the most desirable locations for a quick city break. Famed for its spectacular role in the film “In Bruges” it is no wonder that people have been flocking there to walk the same streets as Ralph Fiennes and Colin Farrell.
You will be staying in the 4* Oud Huis de Peellaert, which has received a TripAdvisor rating of 88% as well as winning Travellers’ Choice Awards in the “Top Hotels” and “Romance” categories. Whilst you are staying here, you will be provided with a daily champagne breakfast, always a nice touch that makes your trip that much more special.
This hotel is really centrally located, with the Market Square just a short walk away. The area you are in is surrounded by countless Restaurants and Bars, so you won’t struggle to find somewhere to eat. If I were to give you a tip, I would just say stay away from the Market Square for food; the more touristy the area, the more expensive it will be!
Whilst you’re here I would definitely recommend walking around. Bruges is a very walkable city, however I would suggest that investing in a map would be a good idea- it’s quite a confusing city, so it’s definitely worth your while so you don’t get lost!
Belgium is well known for two other things: chocolate and beer. It would be a travesty if you were to go to Bruges and not try either. Definitely recommend heading to Sukerbuyc, it’s a small family-run chocolate shop that sells only handmade chocolates, some of the best I’ve had. There is also De Halve Maan which is a brewery which is well worth a visit.
This deal is available to you on secretescapes.co.uk for only £169 per person. This includes your 2 night 4* Hotel stay, Eurostar tickets and a daily Champagne Breakfast. This is the perfect opportunity for you to visit the city that should be on everybody’s bucket list.
FYI: To see the deals on SecretEscapes you have to sign up with either an email address or a Facebook account (it only takes a minute)
- Bruges: 2 Nights incl. 4* Hotel, Eurostar & Champagne Breakfast only £169
- Travel dates: select dates from 05/11/2014 – 30/03/2015 (depends on availability + prices vary)
- Travel duration: 2 Nights
- Place of departure: London St Pancras
- Hotel: 4* Oud Huis de Peellaert
- Rating: 88% on TripAdvisor out of 692 reviews + Travellers’ Choice Award Winner for “Top Hotels” and “Romance”
- Location: in city centre
- Destination: Bruges, Belgium
- Meals: Breakfast included
- Transfer in Bruges not included (to see how to get there click here)
- Price: only £169 per person based on 2 adults sharing