Budapest has often been compared to Paris; the atmosphere is suspiciously romantic and delightfully full of excitement. Boasting monuments reflecting not only its own culture, but also the cultures of those who have settled there over the years. This deal gives you a really good opportunity to go and discover exactly what this phenomenal city is like.
This deal is a bit of a “do it yourself” job, but definitely worth it. You would book your hotel on travelbird.co.uk for £55 per person. This would include a 3 night 4* Hotel stay, daily Breakfast and a welcome drink when you arrive. The flights you would need to book separately on ryanair.com. The dates I have used are 23/02/2015 – 26/02/2015 and leave from London Stansted. These cost £46 per round trip, bringing your total to £101 per person. The best thing about these kind of deals is that you can tailor them to leave from whichever airport you want them to and then choose your dates from the availability list on travelbird!
With this deal you would be staying in the 4* Soho Boutique Hotel, which has received an excellent TripAdvisor rating of 4/5. As I mentioned, you will receive a daily Breakfast here so that you’ll have time to relax and plan your attack on the city without having to stress about getting lost trying to find somewhere to eat.
Whilst you’re in Budapest you should definitely have a look at the ruin pubs in the city centre. These are pubs which have been set in the older buildings of the city and are really interesting and quirky, definitely recommend going to any of them.
Fun Fact!: Budapest was originally two separate cities, Buda and Pest. They were unified in 1873 to become one bigger city, but by that point had developed their own sense of style, hence the differences that you will notice that still remain today! Which is why if you’re looking for the exciting atmosphere you should head to Pest.
This is a great deal because the dates are fairly flexible and it gives you the chance to explore a city which is becoming increasingly popular on the tourist trail. You should definitely make the most of this opportunity and get there before the really big crowds do!
- Budapest: 3 Nights incl. 4* Boutique Hotel, Breakfast, Flights & More only £101
- Travel dates: example dates 23th Feburary – 26th February 2015 (more dates until available)
- Travel duration: 3 Nights
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Alternative airports: find cheap flights from your favourite airport on expedia.co.uk
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: 4* Soho Boutique Hotel
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 664 reviews
- Hotel location: on the Pest side of the Danube river, easy access to all parts of Budapest
- Destination: Budapest / Hungary
- Meals: breakfast
- Price includes: welcome drink upon arrival
- Airport transfer in Budapest not included. Public transportation £3 each way
- Price: only £101 per person based on 2 adults sharing