*UPDATE 23/06/2014: This holiday package was £975 before and got cheaper! It’s now only £948 per person!*
When you’re flying to Cape Verde and you’re looking outside the window of the air plane, you are going to see a pearl made of sand amidst the wonderful Atlantic ocean. Those of you who love long white sandy beaches, turquoise waters and the sun on your skin won’t be disappointed with Cape Verde. This holiday takes you to Sal which is home to one of the most stunning coastlines of the archipelago. The beach of Santa Maria provides almost 5 miles of golden sand which invites you to long romantic strolls or simply to enjoy time in a peaceful destination.
With this holiday package on thomson.co.uk you have the opportunity to spend 14 nights in the 4 star ClubHotel Riu Funana (79% on TripAdvisor) with all inclusive, flights and coach transfers for only £975 per person based on two people sharing.
The hotel is directly on the beach and just about a mile to the city centre of Santa Maria. The hotel complex has so much to offer, so guess your first days will be all about spending your time at the lagoon-style pool that has a swim-up bar. Perfect for relaxing and sipping a drink without much movement :) If you’re ready to go to the beach look forward to a short way to it and then indulge the breathtaking strip of beach. This place is ideal for swimming, snorkelling and windsurfing. And after your water sports, chill a little on the sunbeds at the beach.
Besides the posh surrounding of the whole area, you can also treat yourself well at the spa facilities of the hotel that runs a complimentary gym, sauna and a stunning mosaic-design outdoor whirlpool. And should you have enough of relaxing, then try out some of these activities like beach volleyball or scuba diving trials in the pool.
Certainly you won’t get bored by this place and you should also plan a visit to Boa Vista by any chance. There is the famous Cabo Santa Maria which is a metal wreck of a Spanish freighter that run aground on the island. It’s very interesting.
FYI: You need a valid passport and a visa to enter Cape Verde. Therefore please check out gov.uk for more info. It’s possible to get a visa upon arrival, but I suggest you to purchase it before your travel.
- Cape Verde Holiday: 14 Nights incl. 4* Hotel with All Inclusive, Flights and Transfer for only £975
- Travel period: 10/07/2014 – 24/07/2014
- Travel duration: 14 nights
- Air temperature during stay: approx. 29°
- Water temperature during stay: approx. 22°
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- Airline: Thomson Airways
- Hotel: 4 star ClubHotel Riu Funana
- Rating: 79% on TripAdvisor out of 1.832 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Location: approx. 1 mile from city centre, directly on the beach
- Destination: Sal, Cape Verde
- Board basis: all inclusive
- Airport transfer in Sal: pick-up and drop-off between airport and hotel included
- Entry: valid passport and visa necessary. More info here.
- Price: only £975 per person based on two adults sharing
FYI: When I was searching for the deal and clicked ‘continue’, one of the sites displayed a price of £9760 per person by mistake. If this happens to you, don’t be surprised and click again on ‘continue’. The next step displays the correct pricing.