‘Winter is coming’ that’s not only the motto of the House of Stark from Game of Thrones, but also a fact! And if you and your family want to escape this year’s winter for a while why not travelling to a wonderful destination that is throughout the year pleasantly warm? :)
Sal is a part of Cape Verde and an island on the west coast of Africa with temperatures around 27°C in December. It’s still a bit unknown to many tourists, but it’s becoming more popular over the time thanks to its location which is considered as a unique melting pot of cultures.
The islands of Cape Verde were originally discovered by the Portuguese and that’s why you’ll find many Portuguese, Brazilian and African influences here. Most of these influences can be seen in the music, fashions and of course in the food.
Cape Verde a great choice for your little family to spend your winter holidays and with the deal that I have found on thomascook.com you can get there for only £473 per person based on 2 adults and 1 child sharing including flights, bed & breakfast and transfers.
The hotel is the 3.5 star Hotel Dunas del Sal (73% on TripAdvisor) and runs an outdoor swimming pool with a poolside restaurant serving traditional and international dishes. And the little ones have their own children’s pool. It’s only 150 metres from the beach and located in Santa Maria, the busiest town of Sal. It’s a city filled with surf stores, craft shops and many restaurants. So get your presents for Christmas here in Cape Verde and have a memorable winter holiday!
FYI: you need a valid passport for at least 6 months from the date of entry and you need a visa. You can get a visa upon arrival, but it’s recommend to do it before your arrival. Just read the info on gov.uk how you can purchase it before your holiday.
- Cape Verde Winter Holiday: 7 Nights incl. Hotel, Breakfast, Flights and Transfer for only £473
- Travel period: 15/12/2014 – 22/12/2014
- Travel duration: 7 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 27°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 22°C
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- Airline: Thomas Cook Airline
- Hotel: 3.5 star Hotel Dunas de Sal
- Rating: 73% on TripAdvisor out of 113 reviews
- Location: Santa Maria, 150 metres from the beach
- Destination: Cape Verde
- Board basis: breakfast
- Airport transfer in Cape Verde: pick-up and drop-off between airport and hotel included
- Entry: valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry and visa necessary. More info on gov.uk
- Price: only £473 per person based on two adults and 1 child sharing
FYI: Sometimes the link to Thomas Cook doesn’t work on the first click, because the provider has troubles with direct links. Simply click twice on the link.
Click here for the Cape Verde Deal