Prepare yourself for a great and cheap Iceland break! The setting of Viking sagas and more recently home to many of the locations in the modern fantasy saga Game of Thrones, Iceland has long held an Arctic allure for the more adventurous traveller. Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland, is not only fascinating to visit as a city destination but also a great gateway to explore the epic landscapes of this enigmatic Nordic nation. Embrace yourself for a great Reykjavik break!
Cheap Iceland Break
This incredible deal combines flights, hotel and an amazing tour in Reykjavik, Iceland.
From trusted deal provider Groupon this package to Reykjavik allows you to explore both the city and the spectacular landscapes that Iceland can offer. Groupon operates a voucher system for their bookings – in this case you’ll need two vouchers as the offer is for two people.
The cheapest option is for 2 nights with only the Northern Lights tour for only £169 per person. Vouchers including more tours start from £269 per person.
Flights are available from London flying to Reykjavik, just a stone’s throw away from the city centre and your hotel.
There are two hotels to choose from included in this deal, dependant on dates chosen. The Arctic Comfort Hotel is a great budget option for those wanting to explore Iceland, and offers a perfect base to really indulge your wanderlust. Although this hotel only scores 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor, the most recent reviews have been positive and it means that your trip won’t have to break the bank. The Hotel Cabin is a hotel within walking distance to the large, geothermal Laugardalslaug swimming pool – perfect for sightseeing! This hotel is rated 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor.
Also available in the deal is the option to take the Northern Lights Tour – make sure you book in late Autumn or Winter to avoid disappointment as the lights aren’t visible before during summer months. January to March are probably the three most popular months, because they bring long dark nights. Nature lovers will be enchanted with the Whale Watching Tour or the Golden circle tour.
Although whichever option you choose will offer a fantastic overview of Iceland, they are by no means exhaustive – the city of Reykjavik itself has a wealth of fascinating museums and Nordic folklore to immerse yourself in, and no trip to Iceland would be complete without a dip in the hot geothermal springs nestled in this amazing volcanic land.
- Cheap Iceland Break: 2-5 Nights incl. Hotel, Flights and Tour from only £169 pp
- Travel dates: Valid for arrivals on select dates from 3rd October 2016 to 28th March 2017; subject to availability.
- Price per person, you have to buy two vouchers to complete the booking.
- Must book within 7 days of purchase. Booking required via online form within 48 hours after purchase. More info here.
- Length of stay: 2 – 5 nights
- Option 1 – only Northern Lights Tour:
- £169 – £229 for 2 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £229 – £269 for 3 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £279 – £399 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £309 – £329 for 5 nights, depending on dates chosen
- Option 2 – Northern Lights Tour and a choice of Whale Watching or Golden Circle tour:
- £269 – £309 for 3 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £309 – £439 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £349 – £369 for 5 nights, depending on dates chosen
- Option 3 – 3 tours- the Northern Lights Tour, Whale Watching and Golden Circle
- £349 – £479 for 4 nights, depending on dates chosen
- £389 – £409 for 5 nights, depending on dates chosen
- Option 4 – all 4 tours: Northern Lights Tour, Blue Lagoon tour and Whale Watching and Golden Circle:
- £445 – £465 for 5 nights, depending on dates chosen
- Option 5 – all 4 tours plus the airport to hotel transfer:
- £465 – £485 for 5 nights, depending on option chosen
- Airport of departure: Flights from London
- Hotel #1: Arctic Comfort Hotel
- Rating: 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 365 reviews
- Hotel #2: Hotel Cabin
- Rating: 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 1,702 reviews
- Destination: Reykjavik
- Meals: Not included
- Airport transfer not included, check your options here
- This holiday is an ATOL protected holiday.
- City tax excluded: € 0.70 City tax per night per person.
- A valid passport is mandatory.
- Price: only £169 per person based on 2 adults sharing