Crete is a wonderful island with many beautiful places and beaches to spend wonderful holidays. One of these places is definitely Malia which has one of the best sandy beaches in Crete. Jump into the clear water and choose your favourite water sport activities as you are going to have a great choice of them. Malia has developed a bustling atmosphere and is well-known amongst party animals. But if you think you would stay in a place where it’s all about having splendid parties in a lively location, then you’re wrong…
You can book on thomascook.com a holiday package including flights and 7 nights in the great 4 star Notos Hotel (88% on TripAdvosor + Certificate of Excellence 2014) for only £110 per person based on 2 people travelling. The hotel has a perfect location close to the old town, only a 2 minutes stroll, and offers a quiet atmosphere even if it’s close to the big club street. That means that you are able to enjoy sleepy days at the lush outdoor swimming pool or on the nearby beach before you throw yourself into the funny nightlife. Within 5 minutes you will be at the strip where you will find many clubs and bars to spend your nights.
But you can skip the party aspect if you rather like a relaxing holiday. In this case you should explore the beautiful old town of Malia which is full of churches, traditional Greek houses and countless narrow streets. The old town hasn’t lost its typical Cretan village character and offers therefore a welcoming contrast to the bustling club street. Visit the historical places like the palace of King Minos of Knossos, the Heraklion city with its impressive Venetian architecture and the imposing castle. I’m sure that the opportunities of this Crete holiday provides you everything that you like and will definitely meet your needs. Happy Holidays! :)
FYI: I ticked off the transfer option on thomascook.com during the booking process, because it’s cheaper to take a taxi and the bus to Malia (ca. £8). The hotel is around 17 miles from the Heraklion airport. A taxi costs probably £25 each way.
- Crete Holiday Package: 7 Nights incl. good 4*Hotel and Flights for only £110
- Travel period: 03/06/2014 – 11/06/2014
- Travel duration: 7 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 27°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 22°C
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Airline: Thomas Cook
- Hotel: 4 star Notos Hotel
- Rating: 84% on TripAdvisor out of 77 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Location: on the old town of Malia, 150 m from the beach
- Destination: Crete
- Board basis: self catering
- Airport transfer in Crete not included. Take a taxi (£5) to the Heraklion station and from there the bus (KTEL) to Malia (£3). Taxi directly costs around £25 each way.
- Price: only £110 per person based on two adults sharing
FYI: Sometimes the link to Thomas Cook doesn’t work on the first click, because the provider has troubles with direct links. Simply click twice on the link.
Click here for the Crete Deal