Off the southern coast of Greece is an island that is best known as being one of the best places to let your hair down. Crete is the place you want to be to have a good time and throw caution to the wind as you leave the stress of work behind you, it is the ideal holiday for you and three friends to just sit back and relax for two weeks.
This holiday is all about what you want to do. Upon arriving I would recommend taking a taxi and then the bus (£8 pp each way) which takes around an hour, or a taxi which would take about 40 minutes and cost about £36.
Once you get there you would have the opportunity to check out the local night scene and settle into the comfortable, carefree life you will be living for two weeks. The Sarpidon Apartments, which have a 93% rating on TripAdvisor out of 88 Reviews, have a private pool for residents, so should you choose you could just sit by the pool and enjoy yourself. The Apartments are situated in the heart of an old Greek village area and only 1 mile away from the beach! They have a sun terrace with beautiful views of the mountains, when combined with the flights this holiday will only cost £180 per person on thomascook.com.
Aside from the beach, there are plenty of activities that you could take part in on Crete such as scuba diving or a 4×4 adventure. My favourite is the day trip to Spinalonga Island (the Island of tears), which includes a boat ride over and a guided walk to see the remains of the colony and takes most of the day. Naturally, what Malia is best known for is its generous nightlife. So whether it’s for a few cocktails or a big night out, it is definitely worth heading to the main strip in Malia for an evening.
This is the perfect time of year to go on this trip, everyone will be back at school and it will be significantly quieter than it would have been in the summer months whilst still averaging over 20 degrees Celsius! There will be nobody in your way when you’re there, so nothing should stop you now!
- Crete Group Holiday: 14 Nights incl. excellent Hotel and Flights for only £180
- Travel dates: 16/09/2014 – 01/10/2014
- Travel duration: 14 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 27°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 24°C
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Airline: Thomas Cook Airlines
- Hotel: Sarpidon Apartments
- Rating: 93% on TripAdvisor out of 88 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Location: Malia, 500 metres from centre of Malia, 0,6 miles from the beach
- Destination: Crete
- Meals: self catering
- Airport transfer in Crete not included. By taxi and bus 1hrs 10 mins, £8 each way.
- Price: only £180 per person based on 4 adults sharing
Click here for the Crete Deal
FYI: Sometimes the link to Thomas Cook doesn’t work on the first click, because the provider has troubles with direct links. Simply click twice on the link.