Amidst a tropical setting with palm trees and a little secluded lies Bahia Maimon in the province of Puerto Plata. This small resort in the north of the Dominican Republic is a natural highlight with its monuments, caves and ancient ruins. And Bahia Maimon is a place where you can enjoy peaceful holidays with your beloved ones.
The location is ideal either to relax on the beach or to do some adrenaline-fuelled activities like windsurfing, bodyboarding or sailing. Just look out for the watersports hut that is hard to miss from the shoreline and then throw yourself into the bathtub warm water. And if you’re lucky enough then you will be able to spot some dolphins, because it’s not unusual to see them here above the water :)
The Dominican Republic has a lot of exciting attractions like a zip and ride where you can feel like Tarzan gliding through the tree tops or if you rather prefer to stay on the ground then explore the area on the back of a horse. There is the Lorilar Ranch at the Isabel de Torres mountain, where you can ride a horse for half a day.
So, good that this holiday package on thomson.co.uk includes 14 nights at the 4-star ClubHotel Riu Merengue (76% on TripAdvisor) with all inclusive, flights from Manchester and coach transfers for only £828 per person based on two adults sharing. That provides you enough time to explore as much as you want to.
But there’s also nothing against just relaxing on the beach and indulging the amenities of the hotel :) The ClubHotel Riu Merengue is set directly by the beach and has much to offer to keep kids entertained as well as providing a tranquil atmosphere for adults. Sit back on the sunbeds on one of the two lagoon outdoor pools and enjoy your refreshing drink from the swim-up bar. The restaurant at the poolside is a restaurant between Italian cuisine and steakhouse.
The famous Puerto Plata is from your location just around 6 miles away, so it takes you only a 15 minutes’ drive to visit this lush place, too.
Before you jet off to the Dominican Republic just check the validity of your passport, purchase a tourist card before your travel or upon arrival for US$10 and then simply enjoy your holiday :)
- Dominican Republic: 14 Nights incl. 4* Hotel, All Inclusive, Flights and Transfer for only £828
- Travel period: 25/08/2014 – 08/09/2014
- Travel duration: 14 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 31°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 28°C
- Airport of departure: Manchester
- Airline: Thomson Airways
- Hotel: 4-star ClubHotel Riu Merengue
- Rating: 76% on TripAdvisor out of 3.764 reviews
- Location: Bahia Maimon resort, directly on the beach, approx. 6 miles from Puerto Plata
- Destination: Dominican Republic
- Board basis: all inclusive
- Airport transfer in Puerto Plata: pick-up and drop-off between airport and hotel included
- Entry requirements: valid passport and tourist card necessary. More info on gov.uk
- Price: only £828 per person based on two adults sharing