Iceland is not just home to Björk but beautiful Lagoons, Puffins and for the lucky ones the Northern Lights…
2 nights stay Reykjavik Hotel & Flights
I know most people don’t think of Iceland as a first choice for a holiday, but this vouchers offers the chance to explore somewhere new, and trust me Iceland is definitely worth it.
Wowcher are offering the chance to fly to Reykjavik with 2-5 nights stay in a choice of three hotels, with prices from just £169 per person. Not only are they offering a great deal but there’s plenty of options to suit any UK traveller. Firstly flights are available from Gatwick, Luton, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh or Belfast.
As well as choice of flights the voucher includes choice of three hotels; Radisson Blu, Reykjavik Lights, or 22 Hill Hotel, all of which have a TripAdvisor rating of 4/5. Just note that the offer of the hotel will depend on availability.
Once you arrive at Reykjavik there is plenty to see and do. This volcanic island is home to stunning natural hot springs, the main one in Reykjavik being the Blue Lagoon. Here you can take a dip in the warm blue waters, feel the spring wash over you under the waterfall and relaxing in a steam bath.
For those wanting to go more off shore there is also the chance to go Sea Angling, perfect for long time fisherman or amateurs wanting to give it a go. Not only is Reykjavik ideal for fishing but also for Puffin spotting. During breeding season tours visit islands Akuey and Lundey, which are inhabited by thousands of birds. Here you’ll get the best photo ops to capture these iconic birds.
Iceland is also one of the countries with a chance to spot the Northern Lights – but remember this is a natural phenomenon so there are no guarantees. The chances of spotting the Aurora are best in winter as you cannot see them during the summer months – so bear this in mind when booking.
See there’s plenty to do in Reykjavik – and what’s more these tours are all available as bolt-ons with your voucher (though prices may vary).
So try something different and consider Iceland as your next getaway.
- Iceland City Break: 2 nights Reykjavik Hotel + Flights from £169
- Voucher valid for travel 16th-26th Apr, 1st May-30th Sep and 4th Oct-20th Dec 2015. (Excludes 27th-31st May, 26th Jun-8th Jul, 1st-5th Aug, 28th Aug-6th Sep and 23rd-31st Oct 2015.)
- Length of stay: 2, 3, 4 or 5 nights
- Airport of departure: Gatwick, Luton, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh or Belfast
- Hotel: Radisson Blu, Reykjavik Lights, or 22 Hill Hotel
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: All hotels within city centre
- Destination: Reykjavik
- Transfer: Not included – All hotels within 15 min taxi ride away, around £11 each way, by taxi
- Optional extras: Blue Lagoon, Puffin Tour, Sea Angling & Northern Lights
- Price: prices start from £169 per person