This deal I have found to India is the perfect opportunity for you to get out of the country and explore somewhere new and exciting for an absolute bargain of a price. Spend a week discovering one of the most beautiful and undiscovered parts of India.
This deal is available to you through travelzoo.co.uk for only £799 per person. It is worth noting that you don’t book this holiday with Travelzoo, you call the number for The Holiday Place given to you on the Travelzoo Website! Included in this are all of your Hotels, Flights, Transfers, various Excursions in each area that you stay in, a daily Breakfast and some other meals, so you won’t need much spending money at all! :)
Your Trip Around India
Your journey begins in Cochin. This is one of the most exciting areas of India, for me. It has a 400-year-old synagogue, the remains of the British Raj and so much more to offer you. Here you will be staying in the Casino Hotel, which has received a TripAdvisor rating of 3.5/5. Whilst you’re here you will be provided with a daily breakfast, making it easier for you to settle into the country.
You will only spend 2 nights here, so make the most of it! Included in the deal is a tuk-tuk ride and a half-day city tour, so you get to see all of the best bits. You will also go and see a traditional dance performance, giving you the perfect end to your short, but sweet, stay in Cochin.
After this you will move on to Periyar, a national park and tiger reserve. On the way here you will stop at a tea plantation, I would definitely recommend buying some of it, the best tea comes from India. Coming from a tea-loving-Brit, that says a lot. During the rest of your time here you’ll visit a spice plantation and take a boat ride around Lake Periyar. This boat ride is the best way for you to see some of the wildlife; tigers, elephants and many more!
You will be staying here for 2 Nights and will be staying in The Wildernest Hotel. This hotel has received a TripAdvisor rating of 4.5/5 as well as a Certificate of Excellence 2014. Whilst you’re staying here you will be provided with a daily breakfast!
Then comes your houseboat stay in Alleppey. On this boat all of your meals are included in the deal, so you don’t have to worry about anything whilst you’re on there. You’ll spend 1 night on board, sampling traditional food and also seeing some of the beautiful Indian countryside. This is a true insight into Keralan life!
You will finish this trip in style. You will spend 2 nights in Kumarakom in a beautiful hotel. You will be saying in the Abad Whispering Palms, which has received a TripAdvisor rating of 4/5 as well as a Certificate of Excellence for 2014. Whilst staying here you will be provided with breakfast every morning. Your final excursion is to a local village, where you can buy some really sweet souvenirs or just enjoy looking around. Outside of that you should take some time to relax by the pool or maybe treat yourself to a few spa treatments!
This trip is the perfect way for you to discover Kerala. On what other trip would you get to visit various plantations, stay on a houseboat, search for tigers in a National Park and explore various different cities, all within a week? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity!
- India: 7 Nights incl. Hotels, Flights, Transfers, Excursions, Breakfast & some Meals only £799
- Travel dates: select dates between 10/11/2014 – 03/12/2014 & 07/01/2015 – 23/03/2015 & 08/04/2015 – 17/06/2015
- Travel duration: 7 Nights
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- alternative airports: London Heathrow, Birmingham, Glasgow & Manchester
- Airline: Emirates or Qatar Airways
- Hotels + Ratings:
- Casino Hotel Cochin, 3.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 149 reviews
- Wildernest Bed and Breakfast, 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 165 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Abad Whispering Palms Lake Resort, 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 319 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Destination: India
- Meals: Breakfast included, some meals also included
- Airport transfer in India: pick-up and drop-off between airport and hotel included
- Price: only £799 per person based on 2 adults sharing