Your holidayguru found a very special deal for you. Go from the island to the isola! Ischia is the largest of the Phlegrean Islands off Italy’s south-west coast close to Naples. It is famous for its thermal spas, hot springs and beautiful beaches. It also has a huge wine production, so maybe you can take a tour along the many vineyards. Old historical centre is a must-see. Visit Aragonese Castle, which is built 474 BC on a rock out in the sea. You can walk up to it though on a footpath that connects the main island and the castle. Another highlight will be the hot thermal spring in Panza at the Bay of Sorgeto. 90ºC hot water gushes into the ocean and mixes with the sea, creating a comfortable warm temperature. You can enjoy a nice warm bath in one of the 22 pools or relax at the sandy beach.
The deal from hrs.com and bravofly.co.uk that I have combined for you includes a stay in Villa Tara (76% on Tripadvisor) at the lovely port of Sant’Angelo. Breakfast is included and you will be welcomed with a drink upon arrival. Even though it’s an island and you will only fly to Naples it’s actually not difficult to get to the hotel. The ferry takes you there pretty quickly (details below). Then enjoy your Italian island break!
- Italy: 7 Nights on Ischia Island incl. Hotel, Breakfast and Flights for only £227
- Travel period: 09/05/2014 – 16/05/2014
- Travel duration: 7 nights
- Air temperature during stay: 20ºC
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Destination: Naples
- Airline: easyJet
- Hotel: Villa Tara
- Rating: 76% on TripAdvisor out of 17 reviews
- Location: Isle of Ischia
- Board basis: Breakfast
- Airport transfer: bus to Naple, ferry to Ischia, taxi to hotel (€24, 2hrs 30mins)
- Price: only £227 per person based on two adults sharing