While I was searching the Internet for a nice city break destination, I came across the beautiful city of Krakow. It’s located in the south of Poland, around 155 miles away from the capital Warsaw away and is a destination that knows how to convince you to spend a great short break. I bet many of you didn’t know for example that Krakow is home to the second oldest university of Europe? That’s only one of the interesting facts of the city.
There are many other attractions that are worth a visit like numerous monasteries and churches, the Royal Route, Via Jagiellonica or the Jewish quarter of Krakow. The Royal Road is a tourist tour that takes you to the beautiful old town of Krakow. Starting at the monument of the Battle of Tannenberg it goes on to Barbican, the largest Gothic tower in Europe. Passing the remains of the walls, you then reach the old town. Here you can marvel at the Pharmaceutical Museum and stroll along the largest European marketplace of the Middle Ages.
Guess you see that a trip to Krakow is worthwhile in any case. So don’t hesitate too long and have a look at the city break that I have found for you:
Book this cheap and cheerful hotel deal on travelbird.co.uk and then book separately the flights on bravofly.co.uk. The flight times are perfect for a city break, as you arrive in the morning and depart in the late evening. That’s how you’re going to spend 3 full days in Krakow.
Your hotel lies close to the centre of the old town that I have already mentioned and is the 4 star Hotel Ester (88% on TripAdvisor) which holds already this year’s Certificate of Excellence. The deal on Travelbird includes breakfast, admission to the sauna and a 10% discount at the hotel restaurant. Makes it perfect for you to relax after an exciting day in Krakow and to indulge some delicious meals for less.
If you need some inspiration for your break in Krakow, then ask the nice hotel staff for the wide range of optional tours that they’re offering to their guests, such as Wieliczka, Auschwitz, Czestochowa, Zakopane, Rafting on Dunajec river.
FYI: I have chosen this flight for you as it was one of the cheapest that I could find. But feel free to change the dates and the departure airport as you prefer and create your own city break to Krakow :) Click on Travelbird on ‘Book now’ and see all the available dates for this hotel and customize this trip yourself. If you click on ‘Book now’ you don’t need make a booking, it only takes you to the calender.
- Krakow City Break: 3 Days incl. good 4* Hotel, Breakfast + Extras and Flights for only £105
- Travel period: selected dates in October, November, December and January / my example: 17/11/2014 – 19/11/2014
- Travel duration: 3 days (= 2 nights)
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: 4 star Hotel Ester
- Rating: 88% on TripAdvisor out of 251 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Hotel location: approx. 15 minute’s walk from the Old Town, 20 metre from the Old Synagogue
- Destination: Krakow / Poland
- Board basis: breakfast
- Price includes following services: Admission to sauna, 10% discount at the hotel restaurant
- Airport transfer in Krakow not included. By train from the airport to Krakow Glowny (46 mins, £2).
- Excluded: City Tax 1,60 Polish Zloty (around 30p ) per person per day, payable at the hotel
- Price: only £105 per person based on two adults sharing