How about staying in the sunniest capital in Europe? I’m talking about the lovely Portuguese capital Lisbon! And what would be better than being in such an interesting city and sleeping in a luxurious 5-star hotel? True, there’s not much better than this :)
So take the chance and enjoy Lisbon and a lush hotel at the same time! Your Holidayguru has found a great luxury city break to Lisbon here on travelzoo.com. You only need to register your email for free to see the deal and then make a quick phone call with the provider Luxury Holiday Collection’s to save your Lisbon city break for only £189 per person based on two adults travelling.
The price is for flights from Liverpool and for selected dates between November and March 2015. Alternatively, travel from either London Gatwick, Luton or Stansted, Bristol, Edinburgh or Dublin. And if you would like to visit Lisbon in September you can do so for £40 more or with dates in August for an extra of £140.
There are also different durations available like two nights for £159 per person, four nights £239 pp and five nights for £279 pp.
Lisbon – Europe’s Leading City Break Destination
Lisbon has been named Europe’s Leading City Break Destination at the 2013 World Travel Awards. The cheapest and quickest way to get from the airport to your hotel is to take a taxi (£3) and within 18 minutes you’ll be at your hotel to dump your stuff and start your sightseeing tour. If it wasn’t for the actually amazing 5-star Altis Grand Hotel (78% on TripAdvisor + Cert. of Excellence)… the place itself is an attraction!
The glamorous hotel will spoil you with its elegant atmosphere located in the business district of Lisbon. The hotel is only a short 2 minutes walk from the popular Avenida da Liberdade and only 700 metres from Principe Real away. Being close to the Avenida da Liberdade means that you’re directly in shopping paradise, because that’s the spot to spend all the money that you’re going to save with this deal in numerous shops along the long street :)
The hotel runs a heated indoor pool and the hotel’s restaurant boasts stunning views over Lisbon, the river Tejo and the Castelo de São Jorge. Enjoy the delicious Portuguese cuisine which is specialized in fresh fish. The deal includes the breakfast during your stay and you’re going to indulge the wide selection of fresh pastries including the famous (and mega tasty!) Pasteis de Nata!
I would definitely recommend that when you’re in town to jump on the Number 28 tram – which is a great experience itself, because it’s so historic! It will bring you right to the top of the hill where the Cathedral São Antonio is located and from where you’re going to have an amazing view across the city. And take a tour through the Alfama district where you can “feel” the traditional Fado music.
- Lisbon Luxury Break: 3 Nights incl. 5* Hotel, Breakfast and Flights for only £189
- Travel period: selected dates from 15/11/2014 until 07/03/2015
- Travel duration: 3 nights
- More durations available: 2 nights (£159 pp), 4 nights (£239 pp) and 5 nights (£279 pp)
- Airport of departure: Liverpool
- Alternative airports: London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Bristol, Edinburgh, Dublin
- Baggage: Hand luggage included / hold luggage from £40 pp
- Hotel: 5-star Altis Grand Hotel
- Rating: 78% on TripAdvisor out of 616 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Hotel location: in the business district of Lisbon, 2 mins from Avenida da Liberdade
- Destination: Lisbon / Portugal
- Board basis: breakfast
- Airport transfer in Lisbon not included. By taxi 18 mins, £3.
- Price: only £189 per person based on two adults sharing