The lush Portuguese island of Madeira is famed for it’s natural beauty and mild subtropical weather, making Madeira holidays perfect for your winter getaway.
14 Night Madeira Holidays With Hotel Plus Flights
This great offer combining hotel and flights will allow you to jet off to island paradise Madeira to soak up some winter sun and bask in glorious natural surroundings this December.
Flights are from Edinburgh to Funchal, the capital of Madeira, and provided by EasyJet – just search for flights from Edinburgh to Funchal on their website to see flight prices. Transfers are not included, so we would recommend renting a car to really get the most out of this beautiful island – you can find some great rental deals on carrentals.co.uk. If not there are many travel options, check them out here. Your hotel is just a half hour drive away from the airport, so renting a car for when you land would be an incredibly convenient option.
The Cheerful Bravamar Hotel in the pretty little resort of Ribiera Brava, on Madeira’s south coast. With a fantastic location right on the seafront, the Bravamar is in easy reach of restaurants and bars as well as, all importantly, Ribiera Brava’s lovely volcanic beach – perfect for your Madeira holidays. The hotel also boasts an outdoor pool and games room, giving you the opportunity to while away some lazy hours under the winter sun. Madeira’s small size, and Ribiera Brava’s location near the capital Funchal makes almost everywhere on this stunning island within easy striking distance, particularly if you take the option of explore by car. This hotel scores 4/5 on TripAdvisor.
If mild weather, beautiful scenery and warm, volcanic beaches on an island dotted with picturesque towns and villages isn’t perfect for your winter break, I don’t know what is. Madeira is a fantastic choice for your December escape.
- Madeira Holidays: 14 Nights incl. Hotel and Flights only £182
- Travel dates: Saturday 5th December to Saturday 19th December 2015
- Length of stay: 14 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 18 degrees Celsius
- approx. water temperature during stay: 20 degrees Celsius
- Airport of departure: Edinburgh
- Alternative airports: Many alternatives available for various prices, check easyjet.com for great flight deals
- Airline: EasyJet
- Hotel: Cheerfulway Bravamar Hotel
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 26 reviews
- Location: beach front in Ribiera Brava, approx. 10 miles from Funchal
- Destination: Madeira
- Meals: Not included
- Airport transfer in Madeira: Not included – rent a car or check your other options here
- Rental car: Recommended, look for offers on carrentals.co.uk
- Price: only £182 per person based on 2 adults sharing