Madeira is well known for various different things, primarily their spectacular wine. Also referred to as “the floating garden” or the “Pearl of the Atlantic” you won’t be disappointed with your surroundings; they are absolutely stunning.
You will be staying in the 5* VidaMar Resort Madeira, which has received a TripAdvisor rating of 90% and has also been awarded a Certificate of Excellence for 2014. You will be staying here as part of this deal with travelzoo.co.uk, which only costs £399 per person. Included in this deal is your 5* Half-Board Hotel stay, Flights, Room Upgrade, 2 Spa Entries & Private Transfers. Not bad going for under £400 hey?!
With the Half-Board deal that you will get with this, you are also given the opportunity to choose which restaurant you want to eat in. There are four speciality a la carte restaurants that you can choose from for breakfast and dinner. The fact that you can choose is uncommon in most hotels, and is definitely a welcome bonus!
With this deal you will also receive 2 free entries into the Thalasso spa. This is an absolutely beautiful spa, with excellent facilities. I would recommend spreading out your usage though, to make the most of it. Perhaps go once at the beginning of the holiday and once at the end so you begin and finish your holiday with the most relaxation.
Whilst you’re in Madeira there’s plenty for you to do. Primarily, I would recommend the natural sites that there are to see, it isn’t called the floating garden for nothing. If you can get into the mountains you won’t be disappointed. You tend to end up being above cloud level, which I always think is fun, but the photos are always excellent, irrespective of how cloudy it is.
If you get the chance I would also suggest looking around The Desertas, a group of uninhabited islands. They are a Nature Reserve and house one of the worlds’ most endangered species: the monk seal. They’re really beautiful and definitely worth a visit if you have the time!
- Madeira: 7 Nights incl. 5* Half-Board Hotel, Room Upgrade, 2 free Spa Entries & Private Transfers only £399
- Travel dates: select dates from 17/11/2014 and 07/03/2015
- Travel duration: 7 Nights
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- alternative airports: London Heathrow, Bristol, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow or Manchester
- Hotel: 5* VidaMar Resort Madeira
- Rating: 90% on TripAdvisor out of 1,075 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Location: 500m from beach
- Destination: Funchal, Madeira
- Meals: Half-Board (Breakfast & Dinner included)
- Airport transfer in Madeira: pick-up and drop-off between airport and hotel included
- Find cheap Car Rentals on carrentals.co.uk
- Price: only £399 per person based on 2 adults sharing