Spain’s cities are very diverse and therefore always a welcoming destination for short trips. Whether you want to have culture, cosy shopping tours, partying or eating tasty Spanish food, there is everything for everyone. And of course the capital of Spain, Madrid, is one of those cities. As a globetrotter you simply have to visit and to explore this gorgeous city, too.
A really good chance to do so is with the deal that expedia.co.uk is offering: you spend 5 days in the 4-star hotel Meliá Avenida América (62% on TripAdvisor) and flights for only £181 per person. So you and your companion will have the chance to get a good impression of Madrid (especially because of the good flight times!). The hotel has a health club where you can enjoy the amenities of a full-service spa, so just perfect after you have been to the Centro Comercial Campo de las Naciones for example. The Centro is a big shopping centre at the fairground. The hotel is close to the airport, you only need to take the bus and after 30 minutes you’re there.
And don’t worry about your way to the city centre. It’s really easy to get to the station Gran Vía: from your hotel you take a little stroll of a mile to the metro station Suanzes and from there it’s just a few minutes drive to Gran Vía station and to all important sights. Have fun!
- Madrid: 5 Days incl. 4* Hotel + Full-Service Spa and Flights for only £181
- Travel period: 24/04/2014 – 28/04/2014
- Travel duration: 5 days
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: 4-star Meliá Avenida América
- Rating: 62% on TripAdvisor out of 233 reviews
- Hotel location: approx. 6 miles from city centre
- Destination: Madrid
- Board basis: self catering
- Airport transfer in Madrid not included. Just take the bus to your hotel. The metro drives to the city centre within a few minutes.
- Price: only £181 per person based on two adults sharing