Self made holiday incoming! How about creating your own wonderful holiday to Mauritius, the pearl of the Indian ocean? I’ve found today some wonderful flight bargains on thomson.co.uk and this one here takes you from London Gatwick to Mauritius for only £339 per person!
Then I came up with some really good hotels deals on trivago.co.uk. Prices start here from £28 per room and per night based on two people sharing. I’ve chosen the 3 star Villa Narmada (70% on TripAdvisor), not only because of its price but also for its good standard quality and the location. Your stay in this hotel would cost you with trivago.co.uk only £416 in total and per couple! That’s only £208 per person and combined with the cheap flight you’ll be able to have a great stay of £547 per person! Awesome price!
The hotel is in Grand Baie which lies in the north of the island and therefore it would take you a little journey to get to this place: it’s around 45 miles from the airport, but a taxi is not that expensive as you might think. The drive would cost you ca. £7 each way and 1 hour.
But of course feel free to look for any other hotels on trivago, if you want more luxury for your accommodation :) Just check the deals out.
Grand Baie is a popular tourist destination and has therefore besides the wonderful proximity to the beach also a lively city centre. Here you can find many shops, bars and restaurants on the Sunset Boulevard. Certainly Grand Baie is more famous for its stunning bay where you will have a wide range of water sports. Ask the local operators for a nice boat trip on the Indian ocean or for some scuba diving. You could also do a little day trip to Pereybere beach which is also a wonderful place to spend some time on the small and not that overcrowded beach. If you want to be more flexible for exploring Mauritius, you could also rent a car as an alternative to the cheap taxis, just check the prices on carrentals.co.uk. Simply enjoy your Mauritius holiday with this cheap possibility :)
FYI: you need a valid passport and a visa that you can get on your arrival. Just have look at gov.uk for more info.
- Mauritius Holiday: 14 Nights incl. Hotel and Flights for only £547
- Travel period: 18/05/2014 – 02/06/2014
- Travel duration: 14 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 27°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 25°C
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- Airline: bookable on thomson.co.uk: Thomson Airways
- Hotel: bookable on trivago.co.uk: 3 star Villa Narmada
- Rating: 70% on TripAdvisor out of 43 reviews
- Location: Grand Baie 200 m to Grand Bay Beach, 300m to the shopping centre
- Destination: Mauritius
- Board basis: self catering
- Airport transfer in Mauritius not included.
- Your way can be made easily by taxi, they’re really cheap: from the airport to the hotel it’s 45 miles (£7)
- Rental car: on carrentals.co.uk
- Entry: valid passport and visa necessary. Further info on gov.uk
- Price: only £547 per person based on two adults sharing