A Moscow city break really is a must for any keen traveller, and this incredible city really will enchant you in spite of its chilly reputation!
8 Nights Moscow City Break
With this incredible deal from Expedia you can experience the iconic Russian capital, with 8 nights hotel, breakfast and flights for just £216 per person. This also gives you the time to go out and explore if you want – why not combine this with a trip to the imperial city of St. Petersburg for a truly Russian adventure?
Flights are from London Gatwick, flying with AirBaltic. Transfers aren’t included, but you can find out how to get to your hotel here. Be sure to change the search if a different airport or date would suit you better – I’ve just selected one of the cheapest available.
You’ll be staying at the Buddhotel Moscow, located near the city centre at a mere 5 km from Red Square with Belorusskaya, Savyolovskaya and Dinamo Metro Stations within easy walking distance. The metro is proably the easiest way to get around this mammoth city. The hotel has an oriental theme that will leave you feeling a bit more Zen after a day exploring the Russian capital. Unsurprisingly, the hotel scores a fantastic 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor, and makes a great base for your Moscow city break.
For most people in the UK, Moscow still remains a place that wouldn’t be one of the first places that would spring to mind if you were to think of ideas for a relaxing getaway. I can definitely tell you that there is no justification for this because the city itself is magnificent. The architecture is incredible and is one of the stand-out symbols of the city. I would definitely recommend the Kolomna Kremlin where you will find some beautifully restored 19th century buildings and churches that just waiting to be admired. Russky dvorik in the city centre is probably the best authentic Russian food you will find, so definitely be sure to check that out too.
You could also consider using this as an opportunity to visit another iconic Russian city – St. Petersburg is an easy train ride away, but with so much to explore you’ll probably want to stay a few nights there – use Trivago to look for hotels, and simply change the search on Expedia to only requiring a hotel for part of the stay – this way you can use the same flights and build your own multi-city trip. For more information on how to get to St. Petersburg, follow the link here.
Moscow is a fabulous city with so much to be discovered. Follow the links below to book this Moscow city break deal and have a nice time exploring the Russian capital.
- Moscow Holiday: 8 Nights incl. Hotel, Breakfast and Flights only £216
- Travel dates: 29th February 2016 – 8th March 2016
- Length of stay: 8 Nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: -9°C – 0°C
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- alternative airports: Feel free to amend the airport and dates to suit up your needs
- Airline: airBaltic
- Hotel: BuddHotel
- Rating: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 16 reviews
- Location: approx. miles from city centre
- Destination: Moskow / Russia
- Meals: Breakfast
- Airport transfer in Moscow not included. By Aeroexpress £4 each way, 1hrs 25min. Find more options here
- Get an exclusive 15% off transfers, travel money, insurance and more from Holiday Extras
- Rental car on carrentals.co.uk
- Entry requirements: you need a visa before travel. It’s recommended to apply for your visa well in advance. More info on gov.uk
- Price: only £216 per person based on 2 adults sharing