Today’s hotel deal brings you to the historic city of Porto and to get that great offer check travelbird.co.uk! Included in the deal are two nights at the 4 star Bessa Hotel Porto (amazing 93% on Tripadvisor) with breakfast and a tour to Calem winery where you’re invited to a wine tasting as well for only £56 per person. Sounds good to me! Now to make out of the hotel deal a cheap city break you need a flight and I’ve found a good flight bargain on bravofly.co.uk for only £68 per person.
The hotel is centrally located so that you have all major sights close by, such as the football stadium Estádio do Bessa or the concert hall Casa da Música. The historic Old Town is easily accessible by public transport where you can visit the typical colourful narrow houses and wander around in the alleyways. Also take a picture of and from the Dom Luís I Bridge that you can see here on the picture which stretches over River Duoro. A must-see is surely Porto Cathedral in the Old Town which is an impressive piece of architecture from the 12th century as well as the Palácio da Bolsa, the Stock Exchange Palace. But I have to say my highlight of this trip will be the trip to Calem winery and the included tasting (You will get to taste two wines). Of course Porto is probably best known for its prestigious Port, so a visit to the cellars is obligatory!
- Porto City Break: 3 Days incl. 4* Hotel, Breakfast, Tour to Winery + Tasting and Flights for only £124
- Travel period: 01/06/2014 – 03/06/2014
- Travel duration: 3 days
- Validity: bookable until 25/07/2014
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: 4 star Bessa Hotel Porto
- Rating: 93% on TripAdvisor out of 186 reviews + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: city centre
- Board basis: breakfast
- Extras: Tour to Calem winery + tasting, late check out
- Excluded: Booking fee of £9
- Price: only £124 per person based on two adults sharing