Believe me that the south of Portugal is a stunning region. With its great white sandy beaches, gigantic rock formations and the hidden secluded bays make Algarve probably the most beautiful and most popular destination in Europe. Relax in cosy restaurants and take the life easy. I have found a cheap holiday package starting from £199 per person (based on 2 people sharing) on travelbird.co.uk including a nice accommodation and flights from many different airports of departure to choose from.
The deal takes you to beautiful Albufeira where you will find a small picturesque village and stay in the 3 star Balaia Sol Holiday Club (76% on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence). Spend your nights in a delightful studio with a private balcony or terrace. The studios are nestled in a quiet and relaxing atmosphere with beautiful buildings that are built in a traditional Algarve style which recalls that Albufeira was a fishing village in the beginning. The Balaia del Sol runs self catering studios, therefore the location is ideal for you to get your food. Grocery stores and small supermarket are only around 100 metres away. You can also decide to skip cooking for yourself and stroll to the nearby restaurants. Definitely try the typical Portuguese cuisine and taste delicacies of the region like fresh fish or enjoy the hospitality of the locals with a tasty Sagres (it’s a tasty Portuguese beer).
In the evening you can choose from many bars in Albufeira to listen to some good live music. Feel the Portuguese way of life while listening to the traditional Fado for example. Usually the lights in the bars get dimmed and everyone becomes silent. Then the Fado singer raises and starts to sing songs that might move you to tears even if you don’t understand anything in Portuguese. A wail comes out of the chest of the singer that you might ask yourself if someone has died. But it’s just the way of the Fado and after the performance the singer smiles blissfully and the audience as well. Anyone who’s travelling to Portugal should at least once have heard the traditional music which has even been declared to a World Heritage by the UNESCO. So wishing you a wonderful holiday in Portugal :)
FYI: Travelbird is offering many dates and different airports of departures and depending on the dates and airport combination the price may vary a little. Possible airports of departure are London Stansted, Leeds/Bradford, Bournemouth, Birmingham and Glasgow. Get the exact price of your preferred holiday by clicking on ‘Book Now’ on the website of Travelbird. No worries clicking on ‘Book Now’ does not force you to make a booking! It simply displays the available dates and prices.
- Portugal Holiday Package: 7 Nights incl. good Hotel and Flights for only £199
- Travel period: many dates between May and September 2014 available
- Travel duration: 7 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 25°C 28°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 19°C – 21°C
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- alternative airports: Leeds/Bradford, Bournemouth, Birmingham, Glasgow
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: 3 star Balaia Sol Holiday Club
- Rating: 76% on TripAdvisor out of 233 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2013
- Location: 5 mins drive to Albufeira centre, shops bars & restaurants within short walking distance, 15 mins walk from the beach
- Destination: Portugal
- Board basis: self catering
- Airport transfer in Albufeira not included. You can book the transfer for an additional fee of £15 per person.
- Excluded: Booking fee of £9, extra luggage
- Price: only £199 per person based on two adults sharing