Meet the modern and the old at the same time in the capital of Italy…Rome! If you like to explore the European cities then Rome has to be on your agenda, too. Sure that Rome is famous for the Vatican, the landmark of the city which is the Colosseum and the amazing Trevi Fountain. But you can decide whether you want to discover Rome as the typical tourist or more like the atypical one :) Spend your time with sightseeing, shopping or lazy in a café.
You only need to book your trip to Rome on expedia.co.uk with the stay in the 4-star Hotel Capannelle (74% on TripAdvisor) that has also a Certificate of Excellence 2013. Your way to the hotel takes around 1 hrs by train and only costs £14. The hotel is located close to the Appia Antica Park and very close to important and interesting sights such as the Ippodromo Capannelle and the Centro Commerciale Anagnina.
The Ippodromo Capannelle is a famous horse racing venue in Rome and really famous for the concerts that take place there. In summer there is for example the popular Rock in Roma where this year bands like Placebo, Avenged Sevenfold (great band by the way!) and Queens of the Stone Age are going to play. Unfortunately this trip isn’t during the festival but I’m sure that you will have the chance to get entertained either way :) And another opportunity is to go on an extensive shopping tour in the Centro Commerciale Anagnina.
- Rome: 3 Days incl. 4* Hotel and Flights for only £200
- Travel period: 09/05/2014 – 11/05/2014
- Travel duration: 3 days
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- Airline: easyJet
- Hotel: 4-star Hotel Capannelle
- Rating: 74% on TripAdvisor out of 1.271 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2013
- Hotel location: close to the Appia Antica Park, approx. 6 miles from old city centre
- Destination: Rome
- Board basis: self catering
- Airport transfer in Rome not included. Take the train from the airport to Roma Termini and from there another train to Capannelle. Then it’s just a little stroll of a mile to the hotel. Ticket prices are in total £14.
- Price: only £200 per person based on two adults sharing