For a city break you need endurance, good shoes and lots of enthusiasm then this trip becomes unforgettable and a fantastic experience. Show this deal to your friends and make it a fun city break to Rome! Book your hotel on Travelbird and find your flights with your favourite airline or from your favourite airport. I have found cheap flights from Manchester as an example.
Rome City Break
Airport Ciampino in Rome is your first step and you depart from Manchester, but if you fancy to fly from a different airport feel free to change the details yourself. From the airport it is just two short train rides to the hotel, which is located on the Via Reggio Calabria in the city centre close to the Piazza Bologna. You will find a metro station just 2 minutes from the hotel to get into the Old Town quickly. Spend three nights at the Mercure Roma Piazza Bologna (4/5 on TripAdvisor) and get comfy in their modern rooms and enjoy breakfast on each morning. WiFi is also available. Children under the age of 10 can stay for free (if used existing bedding).
In Rome a fantastic experience awaits you! Discover the rich culture and history of the old Roman City and visit the stunning Colosseum and Pantheon. Walk along the ruins of the Forum Romanum and take in the this very special atmosphere. For architecture and art fans Rome is simply heaven. Go by Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel and marvel at the wonderful paintings inside. Impressive to see is of course also St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City…
Apart from making it a historical trip you can also train your taste buds. Rome surely has a wonderful range of culinary highlights on offer. If you’re looking for simple but amazing food then try out Il Fico Restaurant. The comfy atmosphere invites you to spend a couple of hours in this great spot and spoils you with pasta and other straigh-forward but super tasty food. What I love about it is that the place isn’t touristy at all, something hard to find in Rome… For a drink after that you can go back to the Colosseum where you will find Cavour 313, a wine bar with over 1200 lables in stock. Don’t know where to start? Well start by treating yourself to this city break to Rome!
- Rome: 3 Nights incl. Hotel, Breakfast and Flights for only £135
- Travel period: 22nd November 2015 – 25th November 2015
- Travel duration: 3 nights
- Airport of departure: Manchester
- Alternative Airports: More cheap flights from London, Nottingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow available
- Destination: Rome Ciampino
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Mercure Roma Piazza Bologna
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 1,515 reviews
- Location: Via Reggio Calabria, Rome
- Board basis: breakfast
- Airport transfer: train to Termini, train to Bologna (£7, 28mins)
- Price includes Booking fee of £3.95
- Excluded: Tourist Tax of between €3 -€6 per person per day
- Price: only £135 per person based on two adults sharing
More about the Hotel Deal