Santorini, officially known as Thira, is without a doubt one of the most picturesque islands of the Cyclades. Its present form is due to one of the most violent volcanic eruptions that history has ever seen. This event is not only reflected in the form of the island, but also through the black sand that the beaches have and dark cliffs that plunge into the sea: all a stunning contrast to the bright white and blue houses that are so typical of the island.
Holiday in Santorini
To get this holiday that I have found, you need to book your hotel and flights separately on these websites: your flights can be booked through Bravofly for only £79 per person and the hotel deal is on Trivago for only £247 in total! That’s how you will be able to jet off to Santorini for only £199 per person! This is definitely a great way for you to escape home life for a bit.
With this deal you’ll be staying in the Stavros Villa, which has received an excellent TripAdvisor rating of 4.5/5 as well as being awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. You’ll be staying here on a self-catering basis, which I think works better because it means you don’t have to wait for certain times or anything like that!
Flights are from London Gatwick to Santorini Thira, flying with Norwegian Airlines. Transfers and hold luggage are not included, but I checked the way to the hotel and there’s a bus for only £1 going from Thira Airport to Fira. Check out your alternatives below. If you need to add hold luggage it will cost you an extra of £41 per person and per bag.
Whilst you’re in Santorini, you’ll be staying close Fira and to the beaches… so you’ll be able to take in plenty of the stunning coastline that Santorini has to offer very very easily. If you fancied doing a bit of exploring as well, then I have some recommendations for you. I would really suggest going on the Hiking Trail Fira – Oia. Hiking doesn’t sound particularly appealing when you’re meant to be spending a week relaxing, but I can promise you that the views are absolutely breathtaking.. it’s where most of the photos you’ll have seen of Santorini are found.
Santorini also has a volcano! It’s the whole reason that Santorini is the way it is.. so it’s definitely worth having a look. You normally have to pay for a group tour here, so that a guide can show you safely around, but it’s absolutely stunning and you get some more amazing views of the island.
This is a great way for you to escape for a week in April 2016 and just spend some time with somebody you actually like the company of.. and make the most of the beautiful island.
- Santorini Holiday 2016: 14 Nights incl. Excellent Hotel & Flights £199
- Travel dates: 16th April – 30th April 2016
- Travel duration: 14 Nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 20°C
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- Airline: Norwegian Airlines
- Hotel: Stavros Villas
- Rating: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 106 reviews + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Katererados on the outskirts of Fira, close to bus station for sightseeing and beaches
- Destination: Fira, Santorini
- Meals: self-catering
- Airport transfer in Santorini not included. By buy 30mins, £1 each way. By taxi 5mins, £14 each way.
- Find cheap Car Hire on carrentals.co.uk
- Travel insurance and airport transfers: 15% Discount on Holiday Extras
- Price: only £199 per person based on 2 adults sharing
Find your hotel deal here
Find your flights Here