The ‘Christkindlmärkte’ in Vienna date back to the Middle Ages (more specifically 1298!) when citizens of Vienna were granted the ‘privilege of holding a December Market’ – however since then, the markets have changed considerably!
You can buy almost anything Christmas Market related on these stalls, whether its the mulled wine and tasty Lebkuchen (gingerbread), to handmade wooden decorations – perfect for making your Christmas tree a little different this year. Although the Christmas markets only run until just before Christmas Day, some winter markets run over into the New Year too, but with your dates, you won’t miss out on anything!
Book your Vienna Christmas Break today!
During your stay, you will be staying at the 4* Senator Vienna, (4/5 on TripAdvisor) a gorgeous hotel which has wheelchair access, and caters for pets, so if you have a dog, don’t fret, just bring them along!
- Vienna Christmas Break: 2 Nights incl. Hotel & Flights only £104 pp
- Travel dates: 5-7 December 2016
- Length of stay: 2 Nights
- Airport of departure: Luton
- alternative airports: Stansted, Gatwick
- Airline: EasyJet
- Hotel: 4* Senator Vienna
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 774 reviews
- Destination: Vienna, Austria
- Meals: Non-inclusive
- Airport transfers: Not included, find them here
- Price breakdown:
- Price: only £104 per person based on 2 adults sharing