Lush green hills, dramatic cliffs and pretty much sheep everywhere you look. This idyllic landscape can be found in Kerry and is probably the tourist flagship of Ireland and that rightly so. The stunning scenery is ideal for long walks in the windy fresh air along the coast. You will pass by many historical sites, such as the UNESCO World Heritage of Skellig Michael. Take a trip along the Ring of Kerry, which leads you along the most incredible bits of Ireland and will guarantee you a wonderful country escape to refill your energy levels. I found just the right hotel on Travelbird.co.uk which will be your ideal starting point for a short trip through the Ring of Kerry.
The hotel is set in Cahersiveen, a little town at the coast, which itself has some great sites to offer. Ballycarbey Castle is an old ruin that you should visit as well as the Memorial Church of Daniel O’Connell. Moreover the beach is only a 15 minute drive away, so perfect if you plan to go for a refreshing dip in the water on a Blue Flag beach. Even closer are Ballinskelligs Beach and White Strand Beach to go for a nice stroll in the salty air.
As for the accommodation, you get to spend one (or two) nights at The Ring of Kerry Hotel (92% on TripAdvisor). The family-run place will make you feel at home and will welcome you with a glass of Prosecco upon arrival. You can enjoy a fantastic view across the ocean from your window. Look forward to a cosy night in the king-size bed in your double room which is also equipped with free wifi and an en-suite bathroom. If you’re lucky you even get a room with a spa bath (mention it to the staff…). In the morning you can sleep in as a late checkout is included and enjoy a wonderful full Irish breakfast. Just the right start for a stunning drive along the Wild Atlantic Way.
FYI: Just click on ‘Book Now’ on Travelbird to see all available dates and if one night is not enough then add one night for an extra of £37.
- Kerry Hotel Deal: 2 Days in a good Hotel and Breakfast for only £37 per Couple
- Travel period: July – October 2014
- Travel duration: one night (or two for double)
- Airport of departure: find favourable flight deals on bravofly.co.uk
- Destination Airport: Kerry Airport is the nearest airport (1 hrs car drive)
- Hotel: The Ring of Kerry Hotel
- Rating: 92% on TripAdvisor out of 44 reviews
- Location: Cahersiveen
- Board basis: breakfast
- Extras: glass of Prosecco
- Excluded: Transport/Flights
- Rental car: on carrentals.co.uk
- Price: only £18.50 per person based on two adults sharing