Everybody has heard of the Isle of Skye, Isle of Arran or the Isle of Bute but very few people have heard of the Isle of Raasay. It’s the perfect place to go for you to relax and maybe relearn the definition of peace and quiet.
You will be staying in Raasay House, which has received a brilliant TripAdvisor rating of 81% and has also been awarded a Certificate of Excellence for 2014. You will be staying here on a Bed and Breakfast basis, so you will be given a full Scottish breakfast every morning. You definitely won’t go hungry!
This deal is available to you through travelbird.co.uk for only £49.50 per person! This includes your 2 night stay at this hotel as well as your breakfast and a bottle of wine upon your arrival. You will notice that transport is not included in this. The easiest way to get here is to drive to Sconser and then get the ferry across, which shouldn’t cost more than £4 each way!
Whilst you’re on Raasay you should definitely make the most of how quiet it is. The best thing I think that you can do whilst on this beautifully remote island, is to walk around. There are some truly beautiful walks, obviously you can control how difficult and challenging you want them to be. My favourite is, quite a long walk. It’s 10km and takes a good few hours, but it definitely worth it for the views. It’s called the Churchton Bay and Raasay woodlands walk. If you go, wrap up warm, it’s not a sheltered island!
This is the ideal holiday for anybody looking for some peace and quiet. Imagine waking up and walking outside to hear nothing but nature at its finest, no children, no work, nobody contacting you because you’re on holiday. There’s no place in the UK more serene than this place.
- Isle or Raasay: 2 Nights incl. Hotel, Breakfast & Bottle of Wine only £49.50
- Travel dates: various dates 01/10/2014 – 20/12/2014 (depends on availability)
- Travel duration: 2 Nights
- Hotel: Raasay House
- Rating: 81% rating on TripAdvisor out of 78 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Destination: Isle of Raasay, Scotland
- Meals: Breakfast included
- Travel is not included (for more information click here)
- Price: only £49.50 per person based on 2 adults sharing