A little staycation is the best way to escape the daily routine and to refill your powers. But sometimes a normal hotel in a bustling city won’t do it, so I tried to look for a special staycation that provides you an unique experience in natural surroundings. Almost lost to the modern world you will stay in a Gypsy Caravan in Somerset and live for 3 days a quiet and peaceful life. Back to the nature I would say :)
You can book this type of short break on travelbird.co.uk for only £44 per person. The gypsy caravan is a bow-top caravan with a cosy Romany interior and is the very same that was once used for the TV adaptation of the Famous Five by Enid Blyton. And just like Julian, Dick, Anne, Georgina and their dog Timmy you can experience your own adventure during your staycation. Washing and cooking is done outside and if the weather is fine you’ll be able to do an open fire cooking. I’m sure that you will enjoy the former way of life but you will still have some modern conveniences like a fridge, a gas cooker and a heating for the rainy days.
Well, actually your adventure for this special staycation experience already starts with the arrival: The Bartlett’s Farm is so secluded that it is not shown on SatNav systems! But don’t worry your Holidayguru wouldn’t recommend you a place that you can’t find :)
The gypsy caravan stands on the area of the Bartlett’s Farm which lies in Compton Dundon and despite the fact that it’s in a secluded location it’s only 10 minutes form the A303 and around 20 minutes form the M5. So the location is about 2 hours drive from London. But make sure that you have the telephone number of the Bartlett’s Farm. For further details check travelbird.co.uk.
Enjoy your stay in the gypsy caravan and leave the modern world for 3 days behind you!
- 3 Days Staycation in a Gypsy Caravan in Somerset for only £44
- Validity: bookable until 28/09/2014
- Travel period: 6 dates in April and 1 date in May available
- Travel duration: 3 days
- Hotel: Gypsy Caravan
- Gypsy Caravan location: on Bartlett’s Farm in Compton Dundon
- Destination: Compton Dundon / Somerset
- Board basis: self catering
- Excluded: Booking fee of £9
- Your way to the caravan: 10 minutes from the A303 and about 20 minutes from the M5. Around 2 hours from London.
- Price: only £44 per person based on two adults sharing