Escape to sheer English countryside paradise with this great deal I found on TravelBird, for 2 night in Windermere, the Lake District. The Lakes are an ideal place for holiday seekers looking for a little bit of peace, and a lot of nature! It first became a popular tourist destination in the late 18th and 19th century, as people looked to escape the city life, even if only for a few days. It is also super popular for hiking, biking, climbing and wildlife spotting, if this is more your cup of tea.
Your Windermere Staycation Package Deal
You will be staying at the Cedar Manor Hotel & Restaurant (5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 870 reviews + GreenLeaders Gold + Traveller’s Choice Award 2014) for 2 nights including 1 dinner for 2 adults on the first evening of your stay, and breakfast the following morning.
This gorgeous hotel was originally built in 1854 as country house, and is considered the best hotel in Windermere, according to TripAdvisor. It won the 2014 Travellers’ Choice award for the Romance category and is currently 5/5 on TripAdvisor. The restaurant has 2 AA Rosettes, continually serving food of an exceptional quality. It is also only 700 metres from the centre of Windermere, home of the largest lake in the country.
- Windermere: 2 Nights incl. Hotel, Breakfast & Dinner only £114.50
- Travel dates: Various dates until 6 December 2015
- Length of stay: 2 nights
- Hotel: Cedar Manor Hotel
- Rating: 5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 870 reviews + GreenLeaders Gold + Traveller’s Choice Award 2014
- Destination: Windermere, Lake District
- Meals: Breakfast & Dinner
- Travel is not included
- Price: only £114.50 per person based on 2 adults sharing