Porto.. an undiscovered and underrated city in Portugal.. that is about to get a whole lot better! Just in case you need a couple of reasons to visit (apart from this hotel I’m about to show you, you’re in for a treat!) here are a few. It is one of the cheapest places in Portugal to visit, the museums and galleries are a perfect way to pass the long, hazy days, the port made here (how can you go to Porto and not drink port?!) is truly one of a kind, and the Portuguese cuisine is enough to get everyone’s mouths watering – I recommend the Francesinha sandwhich! Caught your interest?
Of course you’ll need somewhere to stay.. why not this FABULOUS hotel below!?
5* Wine Hotel in Porto: the luxurious Yeatman
The 5* Yeatman has a flawless rating of 5/5 on TripAdvisor and is a Travellers’ Choice Award Winner. Conveniently located in Vila Nova de Gaia, The Yeatman is only a 5-minute walk from the super central General Torres Station and only a 10-minute walk from the Douro River – a perfect base for exploring the Portuguese city! Each room is different from the last, with stylish, dark wood headboards, elegant ottomans and comtemporary furnishings being the norm. Bathrooms are equipped with luxurious skincare products from the Caudelie skincare range.
Your spacious double or twin room will include an an ensuite bathroom and an open, private terrace furnished with sun loungers. You can expect to enjoy stunning views from every angle.. especially from your barrel hot tub! Shown in the picture above, you can enjoy the sun set and the twinkling stars all from the comfort of your luxury hot tub spa bath – don’t forget to ask for a bottle of exquisite Portuguese fine wine to enjoy during your night of relaxation – the hotel will be happy to oblige!
You can enjoy a meal or two in the romantic Yeatman restaurant, where authentic Portuguese cuisine is made with fresh, local produce – happy Valentine’s Day from the Holiday Guru! ;-)
- 5-star Wine Hotel in Porto incl. Barrel Hot Tub with views of Porto and Private Terrace from only £60 pppn (over Valentine’s day!)
- Travel dates: depends on availability, example dates: 14th February – 15th February 2016
- Length of stay: 1 night (feel free to stay as long as you want to)
- Find the cheapest flights through my Flight Fare Finder
- Hotel: 5-star Yeatman
- Rating: 5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 1,055 reviews + Travellers’ Choice Award Winner
- Hotel location: Vila Nova de Gaia, 5-minute walk from General Torres Station, 10-minute walk from Douro River
- Destination: Porto / Portugal
- Meals: self catering
- Travel is not included
- Price: only £60 per person per night based on 2 adults sharing