Madrid is one of the European cities that everybody regards very highly. Rich in culture; history, art, food and tradition, it’s no wonder that people are desperate to come and discover all of those things. This deal gives you the opportunity to do exactly that, but whilst celebrating New Year!
Your New Year in Madrid
You will be staying in the 5* Melia Madrid Princesa, which has received a TripAdvisor rating of 4/5 as well as being awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2014. Your 2 night stay here would cost you £391 per person when you book through expedia.co.uk. Included in this price is your 5* Hotel stay as well as your flights from London Stansted.
Note: If you wanted to fly from Birmingham, you could also do this. For the same trip but with flights from Birmingham you would pay the slightly increased price of £417 per person. This is also available to you through expedia.co.uk!
If you’re celebrating New Year’s Eve in Madrid, you basically have three options. Option 1 is that you go to the Puerta de Sol where all of the crowds congregate to celebrate together and enjoy the atmosphere. People then head off to private parties in clubs and bars, which is always a nice way to see in the New Year.
Option 2/3 is having dinner with friends and family or in a restaurant. These two options go hand-in-hand when you’re travelling to a foreign country. If you go to a restaurant, your meal is a fixed price, drinks and a great party with live music. It’s all included and tends to be a really affordable way to celebrate.
You should also definitely take part in the tradition of eating 12 grapes in time to the 12 chimes of midnight. It’s a Spanish tradition that dates back over a century! It’s something a bit different for you to remember after you get home.
This is a really great opportunity for you to get out and see a different city, enjoy some time away from home and celebrate the arrival of 2015 in luxury.
- Madrid New Year’s Trip: 2 Nights incl. 5* Hotel & Flights only £391
- Travel dates:30/12/2014 – 01/01/2015
- Travel duration: 2 Nights
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Alternative airports: Birmingham (would cost £417)
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: 5* Melia Madrid Princesa
- Rating: 4/5 on TripAdvisor out of 991 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Hotel location: centre of Madrid
- Destination: Madrid, Spain
- Meals: not included
- Airport transfer in Madrid not included (to see how to get there click here)
- Price: only £391 per person based on 2 adults sharing