If you’re looking for a holiday in Portugal but would prefer to skip the typical touristy beaches and promenades that you might find in the Algarve, then Madeira is a great pick. This island promises a variety of excursions and activities, beautiful architecture and delicious food so hire a car when you’re here and get exploring! I found this magical Madeira holiday deal using Trivago and my Flight Finder tool.
Magical Madeira Holiday
During your week in Madeira, you will be staying in the well-rated Sao Paulo e Alegria apartments outside of the city of Funchal. These apartments are close to several sights such as the Cathedral of Funchal and you will be close to the beach, harbour and seafront promenade. You will have access to a lovely roof terrace and the restaurant serving Portuguese food.
This island is full of culture, hiking trails and delicious gourmet food. During your week, you should take the opportunity to go on a road trip around the island. Head over the island of Sao Vicente to see the caves. To get a stunning view of the city of Funchal, take a cable car ride. This city has an abundance of exotic fruits and delicious fish so be sure to visit the worker’s market. For an activity that will make you break a sweat, climb to the top of Pico do Ariero. You won’t be disappointed!
To book this great break, follow the links below!
- Magical Madeira Holiday: 7 Nights in Well Rated Apartment incl. Flights just £316
- Travel period: 17/09/2018 – 24/09/2019
- Length of stay: 7 nights
- Departure airport: London Stansted
- Destination airport: Madeira FNC
- Airline: Jet2
- Hotel: São Paulo e Alegria, Funchal
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: 2.8km from city centre
- Meals: Self-catering basis
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £316 per person based on two adults sharing