If I had to name a list of places in the world that really look like they were plucked straight out of medieval times, I’d have to put Sighisoara somewhere at the top! This incredible little town in Transylvania is a splash of colour and one of the best examples of a medieval town in the world. Its winding streets, lovely squares and gorgeous little churches and towers will transport you to another world. :)
Sighisoara City Break
I’ve put together a deal using Hotels.com and Momondo which gives you 3 nights to explore Sighisoara and the surrounding region. You’ve got flights to Cluj-Napoca which is about 2 1/3 hours by car, but if you don’t fancy driving in Romania then there are also train connections which you could consider (they’re pretty cheap too!).
You’ll be staying at the Mercure Sighisoara Binderbubi, which enjoys a super central location and plenty of fantastic amenities such as an on-site spa and restaurant!
The town is full of traditional structures and fortifications, but what I really love are all the towers and city gates that make up part of the old defences. Some of them even date back to the 11th and 12th century so it really is breathtaking how much history has been preserved here. Sighisoara is said to be the birthplace of Dracula, but his abode is actually the beautiful Bran Castle. But don’t worry – talking about vampires sounds like gruesome stuff but you’ll actually find that Transylvania as a whole is super idyllic!
To book this deal simply click the links below to book your hotel and flights separately. If the dates don’t suit then you can always customise this yourself, but just bear in mind that prices will be subject to change. :)
- Sighisoara City Break: 3 Nights in 5* Hotel incl. Return Flights only £121pp
- Provider: Hotels.com + Momondo
- Travel period: 24/03/2019 – 27/03/2019
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: London Luton
- Destination airport: Cluj-Napoca
- Airline: Wizz Air
- Hotel: Mercure Sighisoara Binderbubi Hotel & Spa
- Score: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Sighisoara, Transylvania, Romania
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £121 per person based on two adults sharing