I’ll be honest, this isn’t the cheapest property but what you get for your money is truly spectacular. This is an ultra-beautiful castle set in a gorgeous rugged landscape that would be perfect for a family celebration or special occassion with your friends.
Scottish Highlands Getaway
Your staycation takes place in the Kilmartin Castle, dating back to 1550 and has lovingly been restored by the AirBnb owners. Although you will be sleeping in a super antique building the furnishings and decor throughout are designed to a very high standard, complimenting the region and atmosphere perfectly. Having received glowing reviews from previous guests and a 5/5 star rating, you know this will be a wonderful break perhaps for Christmas or the New Year? Get toasty around the fireplace, sharing stories and laughter before getting ready for the next day’s hike!
You will be spoilt for choice when it comes to things to do in the surrounding area; my personal favourites are the breath-taking highlands of Glen Coe, the romantic hike around Loch Awe and the towering mountains of Aonach Eagach. Be sure to stop at all the little friendly villages en-route to fully immerse yourself in to the ye olde Scottish ways!
If this is the one for you – just click the link to be taken to the listing and choose what dates suit you best :)
- Scottish Highlands Getaway: Stay in a 16th Century Castle With Space for Up to 6 Guests from just £250pn
- Travel dates: Loads of dates available until 2020 – use Airbnb to check availability
- Length of stay: 1 night
- Find great flights on our Flight Finder
- Listing: Romantic Scottish Castle surrounded by History
- Score: 5/5 on Airbnb
- Hotel location: Kilmartin, Scotland
- Meals: self-catering
- Transportation not included
- Price: from only £250 per night for a group of 6 people (4 night minimum stay)