The Christmas markets in Germany are a festive spectacle that everybody should see at least once. This deal that I found for you on Trivago & my Flight Finder will transcend you into the fairy-lit city filled with cute wooden huts!
4* Christmas Markets Cologne
The four-star Mercure Hotel Koeln City Friesenstrasse is an excellent city centre hotel near the lovely Cologne old town and within walking distance of the Neumarkt, a square where the Angel’s Market is held. The excellent location means you’re never too far from the festive buzz of the cute stalls selling Christmas tree trinkets, Glühwein (hot mulled wine) and traditional German treats like Lebkuchen!
With a truly magical atmosphere, a smell of cinnamon in the air and plenty of Christmas cheer. While you’re here, climb the magnificent Cologne Cathedral if you can handle the stairs to take in a heroic view of the city! Expect the full works of a traditional winter wonderland here as you join the angelic carol singers, smell the aromas of roasted chestnuts and feast your eyes on a colossal glittering Christmas tree! I guarantee you will leave you Cologne with a warm, fuzzy glow and a suitcase full of special gifts for loved ones back at home!
Indulge in an early Christmas present with this city break, just click any of the links!
- 4* Christmas Markets Cologne: 3 Nights in Fantastic, Central Hotel incl. Return Flights only £136
- Provider: Trivago & Flight Finder
- Travel period: 10/12/2018 – 13/12/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: Gatwick
- Destination airport: Cologne
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Mercure Hotel Koeln City Friesenstrasse
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: city centre
- Meals: room only
- Airport transfer: not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Travel insurance: Compare prices here
- Price only £136 per person based on two adults sharing