I found this deal for you in Bari, the second largest town in southern Italy. Your residence here – The Nicolaus – gets its name from St Nicholas himself (Santa Claus), as his bones can be found in the old town in the Basilica di San Nicola. The town is rich in history and culture – both old and new – the university and its large student population give the town a cool and alternative vibe. This region of Italy – Puglia – also boasts its own Puglian-Italian cuisine, consisting largely of local produce such as wheat, peppers, onions and tomatoes. Of course expect pasta, but in particular keep an eye out for orecchiette (ear-shaped pasta shells) , a regional specialty that are produced by hand here.
4* Hotel The Nicolaus, Bari
The Nicolaus is very popular with its guests – receiving a 4.5/5 rating on TripAdvisor – and I’m sure you’ll love it too. Friendly staff will greet you with a welcome drink before they give you the keys to a comfortable bedroom, many of which have balconies. Although the hotel is located a short distance from the town centre, the staff are very knowledgeable and will be happy to help you with queries about where to go or where to eat in the old town. The hotel itself offers its guests access to a pool, spa, fitness centre and gym. There’s also a restaurant and bar at the hotel (and room service) if you fancy staying closer to home on some evenings.
- Provider: Hotel needs to be booked on Trivago and Flights through my Flight Fare Finder
- Travel dates: 28th March – 01st April 2017
- Travel duration: 4 Nights
- Airport of departure: Liverpool
- Airline: Ryanair
- Please amend the dates and airport yourself to suit you!
- Many dates and airports available!
- Hotel: 4-star The Nicolaus
- Rating: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor out of 805 reviews + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Bari, between historical centre and airport
- Destination: Bari, Italy
- Meals: not included
- Airport transfer in Bari not included (to see how to get there, click here)
- Price: only £161 per person based on 2 adults sharing
I found this deal by combining a hotel and flights deal. You need to book the hotel and flights separately by following the links to the providers’ pages. I suggest that you open the hotel and flights deal at the same time in your browser to keep an eye on the live prices and I recommend that you book the flights first. Please feel free to amend the dates, airport or length of stay yourself to suit you.