Aachen, an ancient city filled with lush architecture, thermal springs – and an amazing Christmas market to boot!
Aachen Christmas Markets Break
Situated by the breathtaking ancient cathedral and the beautiful city hall, Aachen’s Christmas markets are some of the most popular in all of Germany. The atmosphere is nothing short of magical and you’ll be feeling super snug once you’ve got a mug of mulled wine in your hands and you’re admiring all of the lovely fairy lights and decorations!
This is a wicked little city break deal I’ve put together using Trivago and my Flight Finder tool for a 3-night festive adventure in Aachen. You’ll be flying to Cologne-Bonn, but from there you can get direct trains to Aachen and they won’t set you back many Euros at all.
During your time here you’ll be staying at the Mercure Hotel Aachen Europaplatz. Situated just a stone’s throw from all of the action, this hotel boasts all of comfort and quality you’d expect from a 4* establishment. There’s even a little open fire in the lobby area in case you want to warm up from the chilly weather outside!
Those of you who have been to a German Christmas market before know how amazing they are. There are so many more-ish sweet treats and hearty delicacies to get stuck into, while there are plenty of traditional handicrafts from local artists. Perfect as a little keepsake for the folks back home. :)
To book this deal, simply use the links to book the hotel and flights over at the providers’ websites. :)
- Aachen Christmas Markets Break: 3 Nights in Great 4* Hotel incl. Return Flights only £165
- Provider: Trivago + Flight Finder
- Travel period: 10/12/2018 – 13/12/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: London Stansted
- Destination airport: Cologne-Bonn
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel Mercure
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: Aachen, Germany
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £165 per person based on two adults sharing