This place is simply a paradise throughout the whole year and if you’re already looking for your next family holiday in 2015, then don’t miss out to check this deal that I have spotted for you: Enjoy the Caribbean destination Antigua and find yourself in an unwinding location.
The first sight that you’re going to see here in St. Johns are the magnificent baroque towers of the St. John’s Cathedral. The church has been rebuilt in 1845 and is since then the landmark of the largest city of the island and the capital of Antigua. The city is ideal for your shopping tours and to find great dining facilities.
The deal that expedia.co.uk is currently offering, takes you to Antigua with flights from Manchester including your stay for 7 nights at the good rated 3-star Antigua Village (76% on TripAdvisor) with self catering for only £677 per person based on a family of two adults and one child sharing.
The Antigua Village is set directly on the beach and is very close to the beautiful Dickenson Bay. The spacious studios are equipped with a kitchenette or a complete kitchen and the have either a terrace or a balcony. The resort complex boasts an outdoor pool with umbrellas and sun loungers, but probably the warm water of the Caribbean which is right in front of your doorstep will enchant you a little more :) If you stroll around 3 minutes along the beach you find the Coconut Grove restaurant, where you can try some local dishes.
The location is also perfect to try out some water sports or for golfing as there’s the Cedar Valley Golfclub only a 10 minutes drive away.
And here’s your Holidayguru nice-so-see-advice: pay a visit to the vibrant farmers markets on the south of St. Johns. These markets are on Friday and Saturday mornings and here’s the place to find tropical fruits, like for example the sweetest fruit of the world the Antigua Black Pineapple, and local crafts. Certainly you’re going to enjoy such lively mornings and the great atmosphere.
The transfers are not included, but I have checked the best way for you to get to your hotel and it takes you only 30 mins by taxi from the airport. The prices is approx. £10 each way.
Before you’re ready to leave home to an unforgettable Caribbean family holiday, check your passport validity as it needs to be valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry.
- Antigua Family Holiday: 7 Nights incl. good Hotel and Flights for only £677
- Travel period: 08/02/2014 – 15/02/2014
- Travel duration: 7 nights
- approx. air temperature during stay: 29°C
- approx. water temperature during stay: 26°C
- Airport of departure: Manchester
- Airline: Thomas Cook Airlines
- Baggage: Hand baggage included. 1st Checked Bag for an extra of £19 – £28 each way.
- Hotel: 3-star Antigua Village
- Rating: 76% on TripAdvisor out of 109 reviews
- Location: St. Johns, on the beach and close to Dickenson Bay Beach
- Destination: Antigua
- Board basis: self catering (upgrade to breakfast for £12 per night)
- Airport transfer in Antigua not included. From the airport to Antigua Village by taxi approx. 30mins, £10 (US $16) each way
- Entry requirements: valid passport necessary for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry. More info here
- Price: only £677 per person based on two adults and 1 child sharing