Athens is famous for so many reasons, between Ancient Agora, Acropolis and the beautiful Mount Lycabettus there isn’t much that you won’t want to do. This is the perfect deal for those of you looking for a weekend full of sightseeing and exploration.
You you will be staying in the Best Western Pythagorion Hotel, which has received a good TripAdvisor rating of 72%. During your stay you will be provided with a daily breakfast, which is an essential part of the day when seeing as much as you possibly can; definitely need all of the fuel you can get.
Whilst you are staying here the things you should do really are the ones that you would come up with on your own. The Ancient Agora is where I would recommend beginning your trip. It epitomises the history of Athens, dating back to Socrates and Plato the excavated buildings you will find there are absolutely phenomenal. This is the best way for you to gain an insight into what formed this phenomenal city.
Whilst you’re in Athens there are plenty of places for you to find food. I would really recommend trying some traditional Greek dishes. I would recommend Eleas Gi restaurant. Whilst this is not the cheapest restaurant you will ever find, it is definitely worth it. I would recommend the taster menu (it’s absolutely huge so don’t snack before you get there).
This deal is available to you on travelbird.co.uk for only £99 per person. Included in this price is your 2 Night Hotel stay, Flights and a daily Breakfast. This is the perfect excuse for you to get away and explore one of the cities that is considered to be one of the most historically rich areas in the world.
- Athens: 2 Nights incl. Hotel, Flights, Breakfast & More only £99
- Travel dates: select dates from 07/11/2014 – 28/3/2015 (depends on availability)
- Travel duration: 2 Nights
- Airport of departure: London Stansted
- Hotel: Best Western Pythagorion Hotel
- Rating: 72% on TripAdvisor out of 155 reviews
- Location: central Athens
- Destination: Athens, Greece
- Meals: Breakfast included
- Airport transfer in Athens not included (to see how to get there click here)
- Price: only £99 per person based on 2 adults sharing