This trip to Athens offers you the best of both worlds. Not only will you be a short 30 minute journey from the historical capital of Europe, but you will also be able to relax and soak up the Greek sun by the coast. This is a holiday that really has something to offer everybody!
Upon arrival you will be transferred to the 3 star Marathon Beach Resort in Nea Makri where you will be able to relax or head to the beach to soak up some sun. If you should fancy a more cultural experience then you can easily make your way into the city centre of Athens either by taking advantage of the “Hop on Hop Off Bus Tour” that is available for an extra £16 or simply get the public bus which is available for around £2. Once in Athens you will be transported through time, with architectural wonders ranging from the Temple of Olympian Zeus, built in the 6th century, to more modern day marvels, such as the Greek Parliament.
I would recommend, however, veering a bit from the typical path and going to see some less touristy neighbourhoods, such as Monastiraki which boasts a thriving flea market. Walking through these areas will enable you to see more of the classic Roman monuments. Should you fancy experiencing the Greek nightlife, then Athens has plenty to offer. With bars a plenty and restaurants filled with delicious traditional dishes, you will not be disappointed.
Your Marathon Beach Resort has been given a TripAdvisor rating of 88% out of 61 reviews. It boasts two pools and a whirlpool, offering one pool-side complimentary cocktail per guest. On your first night you could choose to make use of the hotel restaurant facilities, with the complimentary à la carte dinner that is available to you at the Bayside Restaurant, one of six restaurants at the hotel.
This trip on travelzoo.com is the perfect 6 day escape! All you need to do is to call the provider Broadway Travel, the instructions are all there to make it easier. This trip is £199 per person based on two adults sharing. What makes this even better is that there is some flexibility with the dates, 27th September until 10th November and a few airports that you choose from.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing holiday by the beach or a jam-packed week of sightseeing, this trip is perfect for you. This trip is the ideal location, length and date to leave you feeling utterly refreshed!
- Athens Holiday Package: 5 nights incl. a stay at a Coastal Resort, Flights and Transfers only £199
- Travel dates: between 27th September 2014 and 10th November 2014
- Travel duration: 5 nights
- Airport of departure: Stansted, Gatwick or Manchester (9th November only)
- Baggage: hand luggage included/ checked bags £35 per bag
- Hotel: Marathon Beach Resort
- Rating: 88% on TripAdvisor out of 61 reviews
- Location: approx. 22 miles from city centre
- Destination: Athens, Greece
- Meals: 1 free meal per person per stay
- Airport transfer in Greece: pick-up and drop-off between airport and hotel included
- Price: only £199 per person based on 2 adults sharing