While the Polish city of Gdansk might not get a lot of attention from British holidaymakers, there’s no reason why! This hidden gem of a coastal city is the perfect place to spend a few days, take advantage of the low prices and get an insight into Eastern European history. I found this autumn Gdansk break using Hotels and my Flight Finder tool.
Autumn Gdansk Break
The 4-star Puro Gdańsk Stare Miasto is the perfect hotel to enjoy your city break. This well-rated hotel is in Gdansk’s Old Town, so you won’t have to stray far to see the city’s top attractions. You’ll be close to Artus Court, the Gdansk Main Townhall, Neptune’s Fountain and the Golden Gate.
This coastal city in Poland may not have the fame of Krakow, but nevertheless, it’s a great city to spend a few days in. I recommend checking out the communist-era tower block in the Gdansk Zaspa district for their wonderful street art. As the home of union Solidarity’s famous strike that led to the fall of communism, Gdansk is steeped in wonderful history. Visit the Solidarity Centre which overlooks the famous shipyard and Old Town. Walk along the marina and eat some delicious pierogi!
To book this great deal, just follow the links below.
- Autumn Gdansk Break: 3 Nights in 4-Star Old Town Hotel Incl. Flights just £146
- Provider: Hotels and Kayak
- Travel period: 12/10/2018 – 15/10/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: London STN
- Destination airport: Gdansk Rebiechowo
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Puro Gdańsk Stare Miasto
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: Old Town, Gdansk
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £146 per person based on two adults sharing