If you’re looking for a new destination to explore that’s easy on the budget, you just can’t go wrong with Montenegro. With its breathtaking Adriatic coastline and historic towns, it’s an absolute joy to discover and a fantastic alternative to pricier destinations in Croatia!
Bay of Kotor Getaway
I’ve combined a really cheap holiday package deal on Expedia with a great offer I saw for car rental as well. That means that it’ll be a piece of cake making your way from Podgorica airport to your hotel, the Villa Mariner.
The property is a beautiful 4* number in a perfect location right by the water’s edge. The bare stone walls and historic architecture give this villa loads of character, and every morning you’ll be able to wake up to beautiful views of the mountains all around. Honestly, it’s nothing short of idyllic!
The whole bay is lined with lovely little villages and towns, the largest of which being Kotor. I recommend making your way up to Kotor Fortress – since it’s right up in the mountains you’ll have amazing views of the bay far below! I also really recommend checking out Our Lady of the Rocks and Sveti Dorde, two gorgeous little monasteries perched on two tiny islands. You can get the boat out to them and you’ll be able to enjoy seeing the bay from a completely different perspective!
If you’re interested in this little adventure, simply click the links to book your holiday package and rental car over at the providers’ websites. :)
- Bay of Kotor Getaway: 3 Nights in Fantastic 4* Villa incl. Return Flights & Rental Car only £132
- Provider: Expedia + Skyscanner
- Travel period: 07/10/2018 – 10/10/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: London Stansted
- Destination airport: Podgorica
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Villa Mariner
- Score: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: Prcanj, Bay of Kotor, Montenegro
- Meals: Self-catered
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £132 per person based on two adults sharing