The south of Italy always manages to entice and surprise! This spring, head to Basilicata’s regenerated rock top city with this beautiful Matera holiday. You’ll get three nights in a hotel I spotted on Trivago with return flights included.
Beautiful Matera Holiday
This deal includes a three-night stay at the San Giorgio Hotel. This 3-star hotel is in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Sasso Barisano district and guests will feel transported to the city’s ancient times in this hotel set in an original rock dwelling. You can enjoy a savoury breakfast on the peaceful courtyard and then head out to see the nearby sites.
With status as next year’s European Capital of Culture, you’d be wise to plan a trip to Matera in 2019. This ancient city is one of the oldest in Italy. While it was once impoverished, it has blossomed into a destination noted for its Roman ruins, caves, galleries and beautiful historical buildings. Make sure to check out the Domenico Ridola National Archaeological Museum, head to the Belvedere and take of tour of the underground Palombaro Lungo cathedral.
There’s so much beauty to uncover in Matera, so book your holiday by following the links below!
- Beautiful Matera Holiday: 3 Nights in Cave Suite Incl. Flights, Breakfast just £138
- Provider: Trivago and Kayak
- Travel period: 08/03/2019 – 11/03/2019
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: Dublin Airport
- Destination airport: Bari BRI
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Hotel Residence San Giorgio Matera
- Score: 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor
- Location: Matera, Italy
- Meals: Breakfast
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Travel insurance: Compare prices here
- Price only £138 per person based on two adults sharing