Here’s a city break that’s a little different to the usual fare!
Bonn City Break
Sure, glamping is fantastic. But have you ever thought about combing it with a city break? Well, this what happens when you do! I’ve found a hotel in the German city of Bonn that lets you stay in your very own vintage campervan.
I’ve paid up a great Hotels.com deal for this glamping hotel along with some cheap flights I’ve spotted on my Flight Finder too! You’ll be flying to Cologne-Bonn, which you can easily reach by train, and you can buy tickets on the day which isn’t even that expensive. The hotel itself, the BaseCamp Bonn, offers everything from vintage train compartments to VW campers and full-on campervans! All of them are arranged in a huge open space, meaning that you’ve got those glamping vibes going on, even though you’re indoors.
Using nearby transport links you’ll be in the centre of town in no time. Bonn is the home of Haribo sweets and Beethoven, so be sure to visit the Haribo outlet store in the centre of town and pay a visit to the composer’s house! And you can’t miss a trip to nearby Drachenburg either – this gorgeous castle offers some serious breathtaking views of the surrounding region!
To book this deal, simply use the links to be taken to the provider’s website where you can then book your hotel and flights separately. :)
- Bonn City Break: 3 Nights in Awesome Campervan-Themed Hotel incl. Return Flights only £136pp
- Provider: Hotels.com + Kayak (Flight Finder)
- Travel period: 21/10/2018 – 24/10/2018
- Length of stay: 3 nights
- Departure airport: Bristol
- Destination airport: Cologne-Bonn
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: BaseCamp Bonn
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Central
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price: only £136 per person based on two adults sharing