I need to think of some cool things these weeks to keep me cooled down. Ice, snow, chills in the air. One way to cool down, but still get that warm and festive feeling, is to enjoy a little Christmas market break. Believe it or not, Cologne is a really great choice for a Christmas market break!
Cologne Christmas Market break
Cologne is a great choice for a city break year round. I’ve found you a lovely little apartment in the south of the city. The Germans have a phrase – klein aber fein – and that really describes this apartment perfectly. It’s still got all you need for your break away. It’s super bright and cosy, with a desk where you can do some catch up on Facebook, and there’s also a very comfy chair – I know because I have one exactly like it. Perfect for just chilling and reading!
Cologne has an amazing Christmas market, but as you’re here for four days you might as well go out and see some other gorgeous Christmas markets across the region. The cities of Düsseldorf, Essen, Dortmund and Münster are all within a two hour train ride from Cologne, and all of them have their own charm to experience. Essen holds an international Christmas market every year. Dortmund has a reputation for having the world’s largest Christmas tree – even bigger than in New York or London!
- Cologne Christmas Markets Break: 4 Nights in Bright Apartment with Flights from Bristol £208
- Provider: AirBnB and Flight Finder
- Travel period: 10/12/2018 – 14/12/2018
- Length of stay: 4 nights
- Departure airport: Bristol
- Destination airport: Cologne Bonn
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: apartment in the south of the city
- Score: 5/5 on AirBnB
- Location: close to Cologne Volksgarten
- Meals: self catering
- Airport transfer: not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price: only £208 per person based on two adults sharing