Brussels is great for a relaxing city break because it has so many cafes on offer where you can spend hours chatting, trying out sweet pralines and strolling around in the historical part. Art fans will love the Royal Museum of Fine Art where you can take a look at classics or choose to visit the surrealist Rene Magritte Museum. Of course the Atomium is also worth going by.
The sculpture was built for the World Expo in 1958 and is 18 metres high, the biggest atom in the world… To glance at these beautiful houses though you need to go to the Grand Place, the central square in Brussels and one of the most beautiful ones on Europe. If you like to chill out at the end of the day after your sightseeing trip then visit Saint Jacques’ area, where you find cool bars and restaurants with a more boho style.
I’ve put this deal together using Trivago and my Flight Finder tool. You’ll be staying in the wonderful Martin’s Brussels EU, a 4* number in a super-handy location in the eastern end of the city centre close to the EU quarter. There are loads of cafés and restaurants all around, and you’re a short hop away from the sights and sounds of the historic centre!
To book this deal, simply click the links to be taken to the hotels and flights over at the providers’ websites. :)
- Brussels Escape: 2 Nights in Central 4* Hotel incl. Return Flights only £82pp
- Provider: Trivago + Kayak (Flight Finder)
- Travel period: 13/08/2018 – 15/08/2018
- Length of stay: 2 nights
- Departure airport: Manchester
- Destination airport: Brussels Charleroi
- Airline: Ryanair
- Hotel: Martin’s Brussels EU
- Score: 4/5 on TripAdvisor + Certificate of Excellence
- Location: Central
- Meals: Self-catered
- Airport transfer: Not included
- Lonely Planet travel guide: Get one here
- Rental car: Compare prices here
- Price only £82 per person based on two adults sharing