The Hungarian capital Budapest is really worth a visit. This city is divided by the longest river in Europe, the Danube, which enchants its residents and visitors especially at night. At night the surface of the water reflects the street lights which illuminate the city as bright as day. In my opinion it’s one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and a good reason for doing a short trip.
Thus, I combined a hotel deal from hrs.com with a flight on opodo.co.uk and got a luxury trip: stay 3 days in the 5-star The Aquincum Hotel Budapest (83% on TripAdvisor) with flights from London Gatwick for only £100 per person based on two people travelling. The price of the hotel includes among other things free use of the sauna and a shuttle service from the hotel to the city centre. I’ve chose the flight from London Gatwick departing at 11:15am, so that you have more time to explore Budapest :-)
Please note that the price on hrs.com of £40 per person applies for two people staying one night. My example of 3 days in Budapest includes 2 nights. That means you book 2 nights (=3 days stay) for a total of £80 for two persons. That’s £40 per person.
- Budapest: 3 Days incl. 5-star Hotel and Flights for only £100
- Travel period: 01/04/2014 – 03/04/2014
- Travel duration: 3 days
- Airport of departure: London Gatwick
- Airline: Norwegian Air
- Hotel: 5-star The Aquincum Hotel Budapest
- Rating: 83% on Tripadvisor out of 290 reviews + Certificate of Excellence 2013
- Hotel location: Northern city centre
- Destination: Budapest
- Board basis: self catering; breakfast can be booked in the hotel for ca. £14 per person
- Price includes following services: 1 bottle of mineral water, free use of the sauna, free Wi-Fi access, free shuttle service between the hotel and the city centre (3 times a day)
- Airport transfer in Budapest not included. From the airport to the hotel head to the Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 and take the bus line 200E to Kőbánya-Kispest metro station. From here take the metro line 3 to Árpád híd and then take Tram 1 in the direction Buda. Then drive 2 stops to Szentlélek tér.
- Price: only £100 per person based on two adults sharing